Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of buying the 1320 package because of the adaptive dampers and my bad back. I'll probably only take it to the strip a few times a year, if that. How is this package for spirited street driving. I would guess that the tires would suck in the rain and sand. And would wear quickly. Otherwise would it be a good street machine? Would it fairly comfortable driving in street mode? I drive an RT now for the last 10yrs.

·
Registered
2015 RT, Scat Pack.......Shakerrrrrr
723 Posts
Your back will thank you for all the adjustments a 392 HEMI will give you. As far as street driving, you prly have 275/40's tires which is a slight improvement from the 245's on Std Scat Pack's. 305's would be ideal if you have the rim width.

Sport Mode will make this car growl n feel mean. I drive in Sport Mode all the time......it'll make you learn how much of a rocket ship this car can be.

Be bold and grab all the gusto you can.

·
Registered
16,484 Posts
With the 18's and bigger sidewalls the 1320 should ride way better than the regular Scat Pack.

The Nexen drag radials only have a wear rating of 100 so not gonna last too long.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
785 Posts
You can get the adaptive damping on any trim on the scat pack, but some will make you get the dynamics package first. It comes standard on the WB and 1320.

With the 18's and bigger sidewalls the 1320 should ride way better than the regular Scat Pack.

The Nexen drag radials only have a wear rating of 100 so not gonna last too long.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
That's if you change the wheels to 18's, which you can do with any trim that doesn't have the bigger brembo's up front.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I love my 1320. I drive it on the street an average of 3-4 days a week weather permitting. I did take the drag radials off (still have them and would love to sell them) after just one week and put a set of Extreme Contact all seasons on. In normal drive mode, it drives like any other scat. Perfect daily driver and very comfortable. What sets the 1320 apart is drag mode. The car doesn't have a sport mode. Its just normal/street and drag but when you put the car in drag mode it feels like it is going to pull the wheels off the ground. A lot of fun and definitely quicker than the average scat. Add in the rare factor the 1320 has and you'll have a special car. To the OP, I say go for it!

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
622 Posts
I wish i had the option to get the 1320.

i bet all the weight reduction makes and suspension modes makes the car a bullet.

all the challengers shouldve been 1320’s imo.

shouldve left the seat and all the extra stuff for the chargers.

from the information i gathered , it should be as comfortable as a normal scat , any difference’s wont be noticeable imo.

i say go ahead and get it , it’ll different from all the other scats!

only thing it need’s is a widebody option. Which seems you don’t care about anyways.

i vote for the 1320!

i mean you can hit 11’s all day on the 1/4 mile.

you’d need tires and weight reduction etc... for a reguler 392 to hit 11’s.

ive never been to a quarter mile in my life though lol ... no drag strips here expect a new
one which opens rarely , everyone and there mom goes there when it opens in the winter and you have to wait 1 hour plus just for one run.

one day hopefully.

I mean 11’s easily , just imagine the speed difference compared to a regular scat !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts