Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Scat Pack auto with 10000 miles. It is a great car in all respects except for Uconnect. My media (USB and SD) has stopped playing multiple times for what seems to be no reason. The AC controls also stopped working. Thankfully, the problems resolve on their own but reoccur randomly and I wonder why FCA cannot seem to figure out a permanent solution for this ongoing issue which affects multiple years and vehicles.

This is the first Dodge I have had and I have never experienced this type of problem with other brands. My updates are current but the problems remain. Guess will just have to live with it.:frown:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I have a 2016 Scat Pack M6. My USB also cuts out at times. I open the console, disconnect and reconnect the ipod, then it works fine. Minor annoyance but I live with it. There is no sense in trying to raise an issue, because the ipod or cable would automatically be blamed without any investigation into it. Thankfully it doesn't happen very often.

When your A/C controls stop working, what happens? Do the buttons not respond? Are you trying it on the touch screen?

FWIW my rear defrost likes to turn off when I come to a stop. Even if it's only been on for 30 seconds. Same thing, FCA has no fix for it. I love the car but without a doubt there are annoying glitches that should be sorted out.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
704 Posts
Odd, I wonder if these are limited to 2016 vehicles? My 2015 with 33,000 miles has never presented these issues. Prior to the ScatPack I had a 2012 Durango R/T with UConnect and AC, it was driven for over 30,000 miles - again never a bobble.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
My 2016 has been fine for more than a year...as was my 15.

·
Registered
2017 Scat Pack Shaker
9 Posts
My 2017 has had the UConnect completely freeze on SXM and not allow me to change channels. A few times it rebooted itself and it corrected and others I had to shut the car off and restart it. Had it scanned at the dealer and they said it was current on updates and nothing could be found wrong, told me to video it next time, so they could see it. Weird part...was doing this once or twice a week and after the dealership looked at it during an oil change at the beginning of December it hasn't done it since

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I haven't had any issues with my 2016 SPS and over 30k miles (ordered in August of 2015 and delivered mid December 2015) so two years. Once in a blue moon when you turn on the radio at startup it sometimes takes a bit to come up. Hasn't happened enough for me to take it in.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've had multiple problems with my 2018 Uconnect. Problems tarted 60 hours after I picked it up.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
First time this has happened to me. My uConnect decided to blue screen, then flash the rear camera as I was rolling for a few seconds on and off, and music was playing fine the whole time.

Not a big fan of uConnect myself with everything I've been hearing.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
936 Posts
First time this has happened to me. My uConnect decided to blue screen, then flash the rear camera as I was rolling for a few seconds on and off, and music was playing fine the whole time.

Not a big fan of uConnect myself with everything I've been hearing.
If you have a Tazer installed and hit Mute and un-mute it will do this. It's a "feature" to activate the rear camera. But my crashes shortly after activation.

Try it and see if you can duplicate it. My "cure" is to either not leave the tazer installed or to turn the volume up after muting instead of hitting the mute button again.

If you hit mute a 2nd time, hold it down and it should shut off the rear camera before it freezes/crashes.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
If you have a Tazer installed and hit Mute and un-mute it will do this. It's a "feature" to activate the rear camera. But my crashes shortly after activation.

Try it and see if you can duplicate it. My "cure" is to either not leave the tazer installed or to turn the volume up after muting instead of hitting the mute button again.

If you hit mute a 2nd time, hold it down and it should shut off the rear camera before it freezes/crashes.
I recall turning off my music and then thinking it was fine. I was not aware of that, thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
The more techno stuff they add to todays modern cars the more chance you have of having SOME sort of issue.

I'm amazed that EVERY car made doesn't have some sort of problem.

I think I heard before that modern cars have over 30,000 parts!!!

Sometimes I feel like saying bring back the "CORE"........or make me a car with A/C, a awesome sounding stereo and power windows and locks and call it a day!!

Well, Ok, Bluetooth is good and vented leather seats are good, and blind spot monitoring is good and...........:grin2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts