Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys and Gals,

I'm new here. I bought a 2014 Challenger 2 months ago because I had to get rid of my Mopar Charger for technical reasons. I bought the 14 knowing full well that I would be buying a 15 challenger and carrying the equity over.

I have a few questions if people could help me out. Later today I plan on going in to the dealership to place my order on a 2015 Scat Pack, but I have a question or two before I move forward.

The first being what comes standard, other than the engine, on the 15 scat pack over the regular R/T? Does it come with the performance pages that the R/T Road and Track pack comes with?

Also, can anyone explain why the Scat Pack doesn't come with the Premium sound system like the R/T does? ResumeSpeeds post doesn't list that option for the scat pack.

Now the last question is one that I need the most opinions on. I will be buying this car for my daily driver all year long. Should I get the manual or the auto? I have only about an hour experience on my 1942 Willys Jeep manual, but I'm pretty interested in buying a manual. Would it be ok for me to buy one having so little experience?

Thanks guys, sorry for all the questions!

·
Registered
540 Posts
DD I'd say go for the auto. I'm a six speed DD guy and the ROI for shifting the gears myself has worn out. Paddle shifters and tons of gears will be fine.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,436 Posts
Hey Guys and Gals,

I'm new here. I bought a 2014 Challenger 2 months ago because I had to get rid of my Mopar Charger for technical reasons. I bought the 14 knowing full well that I would be buying a 15 challenger and carrying the equity over.

I have a few questions if people could help me out. Later today I plan on going in to the dealership to place my order on a 2015 Scat Pack, but I have a question or two before I move forward.

The first being what comes standard, other than the engine, on the 15 scat pack over the regular R/T? Does it come with the performance pages that the R/T Road and Track pack comes with?

Also, can anyone explain why the Scat Pack doesn't come with the Premium sound system like the R/T does? ResumeSpeeds post doesn't list that option for the scat pack.

Now the last question is one that I need the most opinions on. I will be buying this car for my daily driver all year long. Should I get the manual or the auto? I have only about an hour experience on my 1942 Willys Jeep manual, but I'm pretty interested in buying a manual. Would it be ok for me to buy one having so little experience?

Thanks guys, sorry for all the questions!

I ordered the Scat Pack this past Saturday, with the 6 speed manual and it too will be my daily driver - wouldn't want it any other way.

The SP comes standard with the performance enhancers you have to buy in the Super Track Pack package for the regular R/T with one big difference (aside from engine )...

With the STP your differential is changed from a. 3.90 to a 3.07.

As far as to your question regarding no Premium Sound (Harmon Kardon) for the SP, I don't know why that is, but given all the complaints I've read about it here on CT, I'm glad it wasn't a choice.

Best of luck on your future purchase.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mind if I asked what they priced you out for?

Also, the scat pack has a 3.07? Man I miss my 3.91 on my Mopar 11

·
Registered
16,301 Posts
The Scat Pack 392 ratios are 3.09 Automatic and 3.90 Manual.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,436 Posts
Mind if I asked what they priced you out for?

Also, the scat pack has a 3.07? Man I miss my 3.91 on my Mopar 11
The Super Track Pack package offered for the 5.7L R/Ts reduces your R/T's differential to 3.07. The R/T 392 Scat Pack comes with the 3.90 manual (3.09 auto).

You can't use the price I got as a fair "arms length" comparative starting point since I was able to take advantage of my company's "Chrysler Affiliate" program, which guarantees me 1% below Dealer Invoice, but my total cost (before tax, tags, etc, etc) was $40,344.

Go to post #2 of thread "2015 Challenger Information" RS (all hail the King of Information!) did; he lists both the MSRP and Dealer Invoice prices for the base models and most options. That will arm you with sufficient information with which to negotiate as good a deal as you are able.

·
Registered
16,301 Posts
The Super Track Pack package offered for the 5.7L R/Ts reduces your R/T's differential to 3.07.
I'll take my lumps if I am wrong but I think that is a mistake in the way Dodge wrote that. I think the reference to the STP 3.07 refers only to the SXT (195mm axle) with STP, all V8 Challengers will get the 230mm axle and those ratios are the same whether 5.7 or 6.4.... 3.09 or 3.90 (Hellcat will use 2.62 auto/3.70 manual). The 3.06 was never used with a manual transmission so to think the Dodge will now use a 3.07 with STP and 6-speed just makes no sense.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,436 Posts
I'll take my lumps if I am wrong but I think that is a mistake in the way Dodge wrote that. I think the reference to the STP 3.07 refers only to the SXT (195mm axle) with STP, all V8 Challengers will get the 230mm axle and those ratios are the same whether 5.7 or 6.4.... 3.09 or 3.90 (Hellcat will use 2.62 auto/3.70 manual). The 3.06 was never used with a manual transmission so to think the Dodge will now use a 3.07 with STP and 6-speed just makes no sense.

Not dishing out lumps...you may be right. But that distinction is not how it's written in the Option sheets. I was perplexed when I came across it, and had the pricing not been so dang good for the R/T 392 I would have purchased a 5.7L but was dismayed to read (or interpreted what I read to mean) the STP would mean the 3.07 differential.

Reactions: Slidd

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I just went to the dealer to order my Scat Pack.

Apparently ordering is now restricted. It was open yesterday but it is not today? WTF!!!

They are gonna push the order through as soon as it's not restricted.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
16,301 Posts
So I just went to the dealer to order my Scat Pack.

Apparently ordering is now restricted. It was open yesterday but it is not today? WTF!!!

They are gonna push the order through as soon as it's not restricted.

Anyone else have this issue?
Talked to my dealer an hour ago and he told me the same thing......Allocation Restriction on the 392

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Talked to my dealer an hour ago and he told me the same thing......Allocation Restriction on the 392
WOW! I had to opportunity to go in yesterday but held back. Sheesh!

I really hope they open it up and SOON. I don't want it to be cold and snowy when I finally get mine.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I'm waiting for the Shaker....
6.4L 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker is what I'll get

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm waiting for the Shaker....
6.4L 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker is what I'll get

That's a good choice haha.

I just didn't want to keep my current Chally that long

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.