Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
I just finished replacing the R/T emblem and installing my Scat Pack Xlume badge. Going to take some pics after dark to see what it looks like.

Looks good.

Can you provide a link to this? I couldn't find it in their site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think I'm allowed to publish it since it's not a site vendor. I'll IM you directly.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
I just finished replacing the R/T emblem and installing my Scat Pack Xlume badge. Going to take some pics after dark to see what it looks like.

Looks great been looking to Xlume
How difficult was itto attach to the grill ,. ?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Looks great been looking to Xlume
How difficult was itto attach to the grill ,. ?
So since there's no access behind the grill (As you know the grill on this model is all integrated with the trim) I removed the mounting bolts and just used Loctite stik'n seal Outdoor adhesive. It's not like epoxy and won't damage the plastic if you want to remove it later on. It's more like a silicone which dries kinda soft and removes easily. I actually got some on the bumper and grill and it wiped clean once it dried without leaving any mark or stain. The bee portion actually wedges nicely in the grill so I put some on the top and bottom as well as the back and used a rubber band to hold it in place to keep tension. I've driven it for two days and power washed it today without any issues. I've hear others just use two sided 3m tape.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
I'd like to have this on my car but that's never gonna happen since you have to remove the front facia to install it.
No way that I'd go to all that trouble just to install a badge.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
If you didn't take the front fascia off how did you run the wires? Was there enough room? The wiring is the only thing that is puzzling to me here. The company is not responsive at all, asked them via their contact us link on their webpage and sent them a Facebook message. Both ZERO response. This looks like a really cool upgrade, but I have heard there is zero instructions in terms of the wiring and such. Is this true? Worse case scenario I can break out the multi meter, but wanted a little guidance from the company.

Thank you in advance its appreciated!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you didn't take the front fascia off how did you run the wires? Was there enough room? The wiring is the only thing that is puzzling to me here. The company is not responsive at all, asked them via their contact us link on their webpage and sent them a Facebook message. Both ZERO response. This looks like a really cool upgrade, but I have heard there is zero instructions in terms of the wiring and such. Is this true? Worse case scenario I can break out the multi meter, but wanted a little guidance from the company.

Thank you in advance its appreciated!
I just ran the two wires thru the grill and routed it thru the front right upper cover. The black wire goes to ground and the red goes to the white/blue headlight wire (see pic below).. I got a response from them right away when I emailed them. I'm planning to go back and clean up the wire (cut to size). I just didn't want to mess with it until I validated that everything worked.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd like to have this on my car but that's never gonna happen since you have to remove the front facia to install it.
No way that I'd go to all that trouble just to install a badge.
You don't have to remove the front facia...

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
You don't have to remove the front facia...
That's good to hear. I copied the following that somebody posted on their website.
I guessed it must be true or they wouldn't leave that posted on their site.
-----------------------------------
"Firstly, I have to praise X-Lume for the overall product quality and spectacular speed of delivery - from Oz to FL, USA in less than 2 weeks. Well packaged, but minus ANY form of installation guidance. The only video tutorial was on a Grand Cherokee, so only gave a vague idea. Installing this emblem on a Challenger and not bodging it, means removing the entire front fascia of the car due to the proximity of the radiator fan shroud behind the grille. That is a real bear of a job, but the only way to do it properly, unless you have Donald Trump hands. I wired mine to the positive feed (white/black) of the drivers side front marker light - the supplied wire connector was not suitable, so I spliced it with a clamp connector. I grounded it on the front cross-member (scrape the paint off first). I wasn't sure about the end result at first, the badge seemed too brightly lit, but it's growing on me. It looks better in daylight, than at night and let's all the ricers and Mustang fanbois know what the score is. Overall quite pleased with the result, despite having to pull my Scat Pack apart to install it."

1 - 19 of 19 Posts