Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
After being in love with my scat-pack 2016 in Laguna Seca ,
I've decided to follow some of your advice and focus attention in How to 'stick' my Challenger to the ground, instead of spending money in gaining 15 Hp.

I'd like to ask you what are your thoughts on this.

here's my idea:
1. first : Springs ; lower car decreases center of gravity . ANY SUGGESTION ON BRANDS AND TYPE? . Any limit in what is the max drop ?( Tires touch the Splash guards?)

2. second : Wider Tires . going to put in 275 . However I didn't find any track tires for wheel of 20' ANY SUGGESTION ON THIS?

3.third : Sway bars. here I have zero clue . ANY SUGGESTION ON BRANDS AND TYPE?

Do you think do I need anything else? SPLITTER?

All advice always more then welcome.

Please let me know!

Fly

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would stage . like for the engine where you do first intake PCM and exaust. . i would say 2k max

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
$2k is not much at all. Racing is really expensive. I had about $18k into my car not counting labor and still felt I needed to put in another few thousand into it. Don't touch the sway bars. The SP sway bars are good enough. I'd suggest 275/40 sticky tires all around, front and rear strut braces, subframe connectors, H&R lowering springs, and finally the brakes. Replace the brake fluid with dot4 fluid, stainless steel brake lines, and some aggressive pads. Keep the stock rotors. They're cheap and great. Never had issues with the rotors. Just make sure you bed then in before you hit the track. Extremely important. Otherwise you'll ruin them. All this will put you over your budget. Maybe buy them used. You'll also need to have some money in case you need to spend on alignment components. Depends on how out of whack your alignment gets after lowering springs. Like I said it's an expensive sport:)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Vendor
12,264 Posts
how fast and how crazy do you want to get???
Luke>:)

·
Vendor
12,264 Posts
my thoughts.....daily driver with an occasional track day

Mopar stage one springs,

Suspension Upgrade | Genuine Mopar | P5155436 : Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram - Original Parts - SteveWhiteParts.com

Razors Edge front strut brace

05-16 Challenger 05-10 Charger 300 New Front Strut Tower Brace Chrome Moly Alloy : Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram - Original Parts - SteveWhiteParts.com

would do the Mopar rear, very structural and also center bar can be remove for luggage

Strut Tower Brace | Genuine Mopar | P5155951AB : Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram - Original Parts - SteveWhiteParts.com

then tighten up the frame, the weld is better however difficult for most people to do

bolt in

08-16 Challenger Frame X Cross Brace Sub Frame Connectors Connector Bolt On New : Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram - Original Parts - SteveWhiteParts.com

most autox and SCCA track days will require a 200 threadwear tire, personally I downsized from 20's to 19's to get larger selection of tires

also having two sets may be very advantageous if the car is a daily driver, most high performance 200 threadwear tires are stupid expensive and have a fairly short lifespan.....

Luke

·
Vendor
12,264 Posts
from there anything goes, and be ready to spend your life savings and that of your children......
Luke
>:)

·
Vendor
12,264 Posts
and tires are everything......the better the tire the better the performance.......

the Falkens and Bridgestone are highly favored......I run the RE71R's, close to 400$ each, reason why I have two sets of wheels, street tires and race day tires

Luke

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
371 Posts
Tires and seat time!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I'll second or third everyone else's response, first off better tires. Like Luke said right now RE71s are the top. I've also heard good things about the new generation Nexens. Those alone will set you back $1300. I have a second set of 19" wheels for that. Next I would do brake pads. I went with Carbotech Ax6. They have great initial bite and don't take much heat to get up to temp. They're mainly autocross though so if your doing track days look into their XP line. About $200 for that. Front and rear strut/shock tower braces will really firm up the body roll. You do those and you'll be at your 2k limit. After that start saving because I guarantee you'll want more. As Wasp said it's a vicious cycle and speed costs money. Looking to dump a bunch into mine this winter with coil overs and adjustable control arms. Most important though is have fun!

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all guys.
I definetely will.invest in tires.
I like the idea of 19in wheels. (More tire choices and dedicated for.track)
Second I will buy springs : npt sure if Mopar or H&R ( i like the bigger drop idea. Barycenter lower = more speed in turns.
Last strut towers.

After that maybe an ant splitter .
(Like the one.of Luke with little.wings on.the side..)

I would start from here.

I keep.you posted.

Ps. Ill write a post on.the Intake Airraid. I have temp of Original AB vs airaid vs airaid with hellcat front tube and alluminium isolation.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Following. I just finished the Bondurant 2 day high performance driving class and I want to take my Challenger to an occasional track day or autocross. I'm as Luke put it, daily driver with occasional track play. Considering I drive my car 6 months a year, it would be only a handful of times a year, so I'm not going to go crazy with modifications.

Besides, driving at Bondurant showed me that these cars are quite capable the way they are.

I like Luke's suggestions and will be adding some of those components.

Can you guys suggest 19" wheels that would work with my SRTs brakes?

·
Vendor
12,264 Posts
custom wheels most likely like the Forgestars....

also were involve in developing the ultimate track suspension, getting significant help for JJ Furillo and JRI suspension, this will not be for the faint of heart, kits will start at about 5K, but will offer the most extreme track performance available for the Challenger and Chargers......

combine with custom control arms that we are developing the system should be incredible and will offer world class road racing and autox capabilities,

this will not be for the occasional warrior but more for the serious track addict

Luke

·
Vendor
12,264 Posts
the A2Speed components where a major improvement over anything else out there and this will take it even to the most extreme, however also much more expensive
Luke:surprise:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
custom wheels most likely like the Forgestars....

also were involve in developing the ultimate track suspension, getting significant help for JJ Furillo and JRI suspension, this will not be for the faint of heart, kits will start at about 5K, but will offer the most extreme track performance available for the Challenger and Chargers......

combine with custom control arms that we are developing the system should be incredible and will offer world class road racing and autox capabilities,

this will not be for the occasional warrior but more for the serious track addict

Luke
I'd love to know more about what you guys are developing and what your finding out Luke. Looking to upgrade my suspension in the off season. I want to do Nationals in Lincoln next year and not be DFL....lol

·
Vendor
12,264 Posts
I'd love to know more about what you guys are developing and what your finding out Luke. Looking to upgrade my suspension in the off season. I want to do Nationals in Lincoln next year and not be DFL....lol

a version of this kit is about to be installed in

the production kit will be slightly different

Luke

·
Vendor
12,264 Posts
huge huge improvements over anything else available and stock suspension, and very affordable.....

but like anything else, there are levels of performance or quality, A2Speed is very good for the drag racer and occasional track guy

and then there's people like me, the 1% that are all out.....

all depends on your budget.....from 2k to 5k plus is a huge jump......not for every body

Luke

·
Vendor
12,264 Posts
the reason we are going all out, look at the rear wheel

1 - 20 of 32 Posts