Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta ask, anyone else had rusting on their Brembo bolts? The image below was taken today (wheels are dirty but it has been raining on and off this week) but that bolt doesn't look like it should be on a 6 month old car. I'm to the point I guess I'm going to have to paint them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Is that the only one? It should be coated like the rest of the caliper.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that the only one? It should be coated like the rest of the caliper.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

On the front calipers, the top and bottom bolts both look like that. Dealership told me, well yea those bolts will rust over time.

·
Registered
424 Posts
No, that's definitely not normal. But I don't know where you live. Proximity to salt water may have a harsher affect. My bolts still look the same after 2.5 years outside and 48K miles.

Mine did run and stain my calipers though. And my calipers have faded from black to almost white. I'm going to paint them red over the winter when I do my rotor/pad replacement.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I painted the calipers red and painted the bolts red too. Probably be a ***** to get off but they look good. Lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm in NC so we don't see much snow but we do get a lot of ice storms and they spray salt on the roads. Mines look like new after two years and 30+k miles.

I’m in NC as well. Car is barely 6 months old. I will probably paint entire caliber come spring but did this last weekend with flat black high temp to hold me over.

Before and after and the brembos themselveswere filthy. Just cleaned up the bolts before painting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Looks much better. It's crazy how different your brakes looks compared to mine in the same state.... I'll probably paint them Red next year...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks much better. It's crazy how different your brakes looks compared to mine in the same state.... I'll probably paint them Red next year...

That’s what I’m thinking. That little touch of red on my white knuckle scat pack will be nice. Just gonna wait until the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts