Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Shaker's a daily driver and the Brembos were getting tired at 3 winters. Had my shop clean them up and hit them with a glossier black than the factory flat. Not sure why pics didn't come out correctly but the mod came out great:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
My Shaker's a daily driver and the Brembos were getting tired at 3 winters. Had my shop clean them up and hit them with a glossier black than the factory flat. Not sure why pics didn't come out correctly but the mod came out great:
Nice improvement. How many miles you have on that thing now?

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Those calipers got that bad after only 30K miles? That doesn't seem right does it?

·
Super Moderator
14,408 Posts
Those calipers got that bad after only 30K miles? That doesn't seem right does it?
road salt - notice the corrosion on the caliper bolts and the rusted rotor vanes?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
road salt - notice the corrosion on the caliper bolts and the rusted rotor vanes?
Exactly. Northern Indiana is like Michigan. Trade-off for getting to drive it year round. Painter said that glossy will keep it looking good longer than flat which is great because I really wanted it to pop a little more than factory.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
I do not drive in the winter, but after 9 years the clear coat began to go. A little wet sand and re-spray of high temp glass have them looking good again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
The Brembo lettering was a concern for me as well. I followed the instructions a user of a Porsche forum had done. The Porsche driver was able to sand and spray without damage to the lettering. I cleaned the calipers. I used some 1,000 grit sandpaper and lightly wet sanded the calipers. Very carefully on the edges. Cleaned the calipers again. Then re-sprayed with clear. As far as I can tell, the lettering was not effected at all. It turned out nicely.

·
Registered
307 Posts

I think that Dodge updated the 2018+ Black Brembo calipers and made the black finish look more satin/low gloss black with a smoother finish than they did the previous years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
10 Participants
Scatpacksam
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing