Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, let me say that I love the Bumble Bee Stripe - to me it's the most iconic "Mopar" striping.
I have also ordered the Scat Pack appearance package with my 2015 and was happy to see that the special Bumble Bee Stripe was included.

What I still think looks really strange is that the stripe is basically "unfinished" . The whole point is to give the illusion of a stripe wrapping around the car , just like a bee .

Something like this

But for some reason the folks at Dodge thought it was going to be just one panel too much and instead we have this

What am I missing here? are there people that actually like the new SP Bumble Bee Stripe better than the old-school version?

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts
I'm sure decal companies will sell extensions to finish it off.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I agree with Yellow Jacket, the decal companies will put together an extension package.

I think they're trying to get the retro vibe but be modern and different. If you've seen the new R/T side stripe, it's much different than the last generation. It now has a smaller lower stripe and the RT is shaped differently. I prefer the prior generation R/T stripe.

I always have liked the bumblebee stripes. Much different than what's typically out there.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
When I get mine I may plastidip the rest of the stripe to see how it looks.

I agree, I think it should go all the way down.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with Yellow Jacket, the decal companies will put together an extension package.

I think they're trying to get the retro vibe but be modern and different. If you've seen the new R/T side stripe, it's much different than the last generation. It now has a smaller lower stripe and the RT is shaped differently. I prefer the prior generation R/T stripe.

I always have liked the bumblebee stripes. Much different than what's typically out there.
Yea I know what you are getting at
Like the new RT stripe or not, at least it looks like a complete product, the new bumble bee stripe just sorta looks incomplete to me.
Depending on how it looks in person, i will most likely "finish it off"

·
Registered
667 Posts
I think this stripe might be the same as the R/T's Hood to Fender stripes. At first I thought they looked weird but with time the HFS has grown to be one of my favorite stripe packages.

·
Registered
16,285 Posts
I guess I'm the odd man out but I like the 15 version.

Can somebody photoshop the extension?

Curious to see how it would look.

Reactions: gumby

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess I'm the odd man out but I like the 15 version.

Can somebody photoshop the extension?

Curious to see how it would look.
Here is a super quick super dirty advanced cut and paste photoshop job

To me that looks better

Reactions: WALLYVINEZ

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
I like it. Maybe get a stripe extension and then lightly plasti-dip the reflector.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I wish it had the R/T emblem in it.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I had it painted on my 09... and I have the ghost stripe on my 14...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I'm still undecided on any bumble bee stripe on these. They maybe make its ass look fat. Need to see in person

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm still undecided on any bumble bee stripe on these. They maybe make its ass look fat. Need to see in person
Yes, I suspect this is the reason dodge did not finish wrapping the stripe around the rear. I would love to have this finished stripe on my 2015 when I order, but I'm sure it will highlight the car's large hind quarters.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Me personally...just my opinion...i dont mind the '15 stripe because it follows the actual body lines and seems of panels. Stripes that cross to many seams bug me. And I dont like when stripes get interupted by things like the side reflectors....or the mirrors for the side strripes...my favorite stripe they have put on these new gen challengers is the yellowjacket side stripes for this reason. I think this '15 bumblebee and the '15 dual sides could grow on me

·
Registered
16,285 Posts

To me that looks better
Thanks for that, looks pretty good. I like the design of this new stripe because it looks like it matches the lines of the car better, whether going all the way down or short like factory, I like the design.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Me personally...just my opinion...i dont mind the '15 stripe because it follows the actual body lines and seems of panels. Stripes that cross to many seams bug me. And I dont like when stripes get interupted by things like the side reflectors....or the mirrors for the side strripes...my favorite stripe they have put on these new gen challengers is the yellowjacket side stripes for this reason. I think this '15 bumblebee and the '15 dual sides could grow on me
Completely agree, they didn't add the extension because it looks better without it.

The full wrap looks great on the older cars but just doesn't cut it visually on the new
models for all the reasons you stated.

I don't like the R/T Classic extensions for the same reason. Ditto on extending the blacked
out hood look onto the front fascia.

Just my .02, nothing more.

·
Registered
304 Posts

To me that looks better
I definitely like the SP Appearance package ... AND the Stripe ! :banana: I was liking the stripe they rolled out for '15 ... but this gives me something else to think about ... LOOKS GOOD !
Thanks for doing this ! :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts