Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are slightly more than 700 2015 Challenger (dealer?) orders showing on cars.com with only 20 SPs among them.

So far it seems they are going to be somewhat rare, but maybe customer orders and/or spring orders will increase the numbers

·
Registered
610 Posts
they are not rare... its just not everybody is desperate to get the first batch of scat packs.. il wait until they fix all the bugs and issues..

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't mean rare like a Hemi Cuda convertible, but relatively low production #s / %s

·
Registered
610 Posts
I don't mean rare like a Hemi Cuda convertible, but relatively low production #s / %s
ohh ok.. well im waiting on 2016 or 2017 to trade my RT classic.. for a scat pack RT with red on red interior full options and Shaker hood. I could do it right now.. i went to the dealer already but decided ill wait to see if they have any issues.. electrical.. We just got a 2014 Grand Cherokee and the car spent 3 months after 1 month of purchase in the dealer because the wiring harness melted and short circuit the entire jeep.. needless to say it was on warranty but paying for a car that has been on a dealer for 3 months waiting for an engine and chassis harness because they said.. the car is too new the factory doesnt have spares.. its ridiculous.. so this time.. ill wait a few years.. i hate the interior and the seats... but i want to go from Auto to manual and i was going to do a 392 swap.. right now way more easier and cheaper just to suck it up and buy the new one

·
Registered
212 Posts
There are slightly more than 700 2015 Challenger (dealer?) orders showing on cars.com with only 20 SPs among them.

So far it seems they are going to be somewhat rare, but maybe customer orders and/or spring orders will increase the numbers
I think it is because they are overpriced, they should sticker starting around 33k instead of 38, even better if they got it down to around 32.5 and just replaced the 5.7 with the 6.4 in the RT, let the scat pack be a non mechinical trim package...all that being said, I am hoping to pick up a 2016
they are not rare... its just not everybody is desperate to get the first batch of scat packs.. il wait until they fix all the bugs and issues..
shouldnt be any issues specificly with the Scat pack its a proven motor that has been in use several years, any issues should be across the whole line either with the new 2015 features or the A8

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it is because they are overpriced, they should sticker starting around 33k instead of 38, even better if they got it down to around 32.5 and just replaced the 5.7 with the 6.4 in the RT, let the scat pack be a non mechinical trim package...all that being said, I am hoping to pick up a 2016
Most people seem to consider the scat pack as the price/performance sweet spot. I think the 392 might be too much (power, gas consumption, insurance, etc) for some people but they want V8 rumble so the 5.7 fills that niche.

·
Registered
171 Posts
shouldnt be any issues specificly with the Scat pack its a proven motor that has been in use several years, any issues should be across the whole line either with the new 2015 features or the A8
That's what I think. At the price range they're at with options, I personally think the SRT premium is a better buy. Not hating on the SP though.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
A lot of it depends on what you want. If you're wanting a loaded down scat pack and it's getting close to the mid 40 range you may as well go for the SRT. Then there are guys like me who don't care about tech packages or other options besides color and transmission type and get bare bones. I ordered a scat pack with no options for 38k. So it would make sense for me to get a scat pack and not an SRT. I'm also not a fan of the blacked out grille and the hood. Definitely prefer the satin chrome grille with the power bulge hood ;)

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
Srt looks like a better deal. By the time I loaded a scat pack I was within a couple of thousand of an srt

·
Registered
955 Posts
they lost a potential sale with me due to the limited interior color choices, I wanted the ivory/black. Could care less about the Shaker option. Will see how it shakes out in future MY's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts