Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has the late availability for the SP appearance group seat embroidery been confirmed ? does anyone know if that includes the mats ?

I've seen the embroidery set as a later availability several places, and set a s a currently available option with the SP appearance group right now some other places

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just ordered my car last night and nowhere in the system did it say embroidered seats. I will just assume to late availability.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
553 Posts
It's currently available with the leather group and appearance group as far as I know

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Because I think the 392 Shaker will require or include the SP Appearance Group.
Yup that's how I understood it as well - the SP Appearance group is a requirement
The way I read the options it appears that:

1. You order SP Appearance Group Now - you WILL NOT get seat and floor mat embroidery
2. You order SP Appearance group at some point later and you WILL.

A bit of conflicting info there I guess

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'm staking my money on there being embroidery on the leather package

·
Registered
16,285 Posts
at this point there is no stripe delete option... :icon_rolleyes:
Really? I thought somebody posted that the Shakers next year will come without the over the top stripes and that they would be optional. Which seems reasonable since the SP App Grp includes the Bumblebee stripe and obviously can't have both on same car.

·
Registered
553 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,321 Posts
Really? I thought somebody posted that the Shakers next year will come without the over the top stripes and that they would be optional. Which seems reasonable since the SP App Grp includes the Bumblebee stripe and obviously can't have both on same car.
The Shaker stripe graphics (satin black only) still carry over for the '15. The concept Scat Pack 392 Shaker was exhibited with the hood/roof/trunk shaker graphics in Portland (the silver colored car).

The R/T+ Shaker and Scat Pack 392 Shaker come with full leather seats (ruby red/black leather w/ red stitching or black w/ sepia stitching) with the "Shaker" embroidery on the seatbacks and the shaker plow-through stitching pattern (graduated spacing). (no alcantara/leather seat on the Shaker package cars)

I suspect the late availability SP Bee embroidery might supercede the Shaker embroidery on the SP 392 Shaker, but it remains to be seen.

The SP Appearance Group graphics will likely supercede the 392 Shaker graphics if that package is ordered.

[also...the SP 392 Shaker by default has blackout grille, back fuel door, and Hyperblack II 20" x 9" wheels - there's no other wheel indicated as standard or optional on SP 392 Shaker]

I anticipate the SP Appearance Group price may be lower, since the only items it adds to the SP 392 Shaker (that isn't std equipment already included):
-HID headlights
-Scat Pack Bumble Bee rear stripe
-Performance Steering wheel

There's a number of things the Shaker models add over their counter part models since there's a number of items inclusive with the Shaker package(s).

Reactions: iMerlin

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Shaker stripe graphics (satin black only) still carry over for the '15. The concept Scat Pack 392 Shaker was exhibited with the hood/roof/trunk shaker graphics in Portland (the silver colored car).

The R/T+ Shaker and Scat Pack 392 Shaker come with full leather seats (ruby red/black leather w/ red stitching or black w/ sepia stitching) with the "Shaker" embroidery on the seatbacks and the shaker plow-through stitching pattern (graduated spacing). (no alcantara/leather seat on the Shaker package cars)

I suspect the late availability SP Bee embroidery might supercede the Shaker embroidery on the SP 392 Shaker, but it remains to be seen.

The SP Appearance Group graphics will likely supercede the 392 Shaker graphics if that package is ordered.

[also...the SP 392 Shaker by default has blackout grille, back fuel door, and Hyperblack II 20" x 9" wheels - there's no other wheel indicated as standard or optional on SP 392 Shaker]

I anticipate the SP Appearance Group price may be lower, since the only items it adds to the SP 392 Shaker (that isn't std equipment already included):
-HID headlights
-Scat Pack Bumble Bee rear stripe
-Performance Steering wheel

There's a number of things the Shaker models add over their counter part models since there's a number of items inclusive with the Shaker package(s).

I see Hal, thanks for the info
Just to make sure I'm getting it straight , you are saying the SP embroidery (the SP Bee) IS actually a late availability item on non shakers? and do not currently come with the SP appearance group?

·
Super Moderator
17,321 Posts
All the information indicates the SP Bee embroidery is late availability - so the wheels, grilles, Bumble Bee stripe are available from the get-go.

The Shaker models are late availability, so I'd suspect those won't go into build until Oct/Nov of this year.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All the information indicates the SP Bee embroidery is late availability - so the wheels, grilles, Bumble Bee stripe are available from the get-go.

The Shaker models are late availability, so I'd suspect those won't go into build until Oct/Nov of this year.
aha that's what I thought
I guess I'll find out for sure when she gets here :)

·
Registered
828 Posts
That is great info Hal, thanks!

What confuses me is the different story Im getting from my local dealers. 2 tell me there is currently a restriction on orders. They can take the order and process it once the orders open back up.

Another dealer tells me they are taking orders and can even select the Shaker hood as an option. I told him I thought the Shaker was later and he said they were able to place an order with a Shaker a couple of days ago.

Is it possible that some of these packages are in fact available to certain dealers, maybe higher volume dealers?

Dodge and Auto makers in general need to get this type of crap ironed out.
I should be able to go to the Dodge site and build the car I want. Then let me know the closest dealer to pick it up from and when. Done and done.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

What confuses me is the different story Im getting from my local dealers. 2 tell me there is currently a restriction on orders. They can take the order and process it once the orders open back up.

Another dealer tells me they are taking orders and can even select the Shaker hood as an option. I told him I thought the Shaker was later and he said they were able to place an order with a Shaker a couple of days ago.

Is it possible that some of these packages are in fact available to certain dealers, maybe higher volume dealers?

I should be able to go to the Dodge site and build the car I want. Then let me know the closest dealer to pick it up from and when. Done and done.
I agree to an extent - at least when it comes to dealers being familiar with the options available once order banks are open .

As far as building a car on the Dodge website - the company is still trying to move a healthy amount of 2014's out there, they know that folks like us who visit Challenger message boards, and read up on availability will order theirs regardless , they are more concerned with the general public.

Once the "official" 2015 marketing push for the Challengers will start and you will see them on lots, you will also be able to go to the dodge site and build one. I suspect this will happen around Sep 1st

·
Super Moderator
17,321 Posts

What it comes down to is the total number of orders incoming vs. what production scheduling can meet...

Restrictions will appear from time to time and once more production time is available, it will be lifted. The Brampton plant run two shifts, unlike in past years where there were three shifts being run back in the 90s/ early 2ks.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
I still haven't seen in anywhere in writing that the SP Bee on the seats will be late availability...has anybody else ?

·
Registered
553 Posts
I still haven't seen in anywhere in writing that the SP Bee on the seats will be late availability...has anybody else ?

No I haven't. RS stated they would be on leather group when I ordered mine.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts