Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to order a scat Pack and am having trouble finding dealers who will lock in the power dollars on a special order car. I have one dealer who will give me the 1% below invoice plus the $4850 locked in and a $300 doc fee out the door. Does this seem like a fair deal? I have spent alot of time trying to get pricing from local dealers to no avail. Most dealer internet managers just want to pass you off to the sales people who drop the ball, don't call back etc. Let me know what you think.

Also, if you have a good contact at dealer in the southeast (ATL) or midwest it would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts

Looks like they extended the Power Dollars deal!

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,183 Posts
You should be able to get that deal just for having a pulse and asking.
Since that amount below invoice can conceivably get into approximately $400 to $500 of the holdback....it might not be worth fooling with in the eyes of the dealership, unless there’s some funny money for the dealership on the backend from FCA.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Since that amount below invoice can conceivably get into approximately $400 to $500 of the holdback....it might not be worth fooling with in the eyes of the dealership, unless there’s some funny money for the dealership on the backend from FCA.
1% under invoice plus available incentives is basically the FCA Affiliate Rewards ("friends and family") program. Most dealer sales managers can find a way to get you a code for that.

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
Invoice plus half the Holdback and all the Rebates is a deal many dealers will make and is fair for all.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Byron

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
All that matters is your opinion. There’s always someone who will say they did better but never post pictures of a signed deal. If you’re good with it then, good luck and post pictures of your new car. After all you’re the one paying for it. Car deals are an individual unique circumstance.

Reactions: Golfnut

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body
87 Posts
Get an out the door price. All those incentives mean nothing if they cancel them out on the back end of things

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack - Frostbite
33 Posts
May I ask how you end up going about working into negotiating the car's invoice to get some extra honey?

I'm currently look at MSRP of $47,000 ish and only Power Dollars (this is before the F&I dance, which I'm going to deny 100% of) for a Scat purchase.

Any tips?

It DOES have a feature I'm not super happy with having to pay (sunroof, $1200), plus it's not exactly a color I want (TorRed or Pitch Black since YJ isn't a thing anymore).

Any way I could work this in my favor?

Would anyone have an invoice for the Scat Pack, or is there a good resource I can trust for relatively accurate numbers? I've researched this before, but it all seemed pretty dubious, and I stopped because I couldn't be too sure.

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Have you tried offering any dealer a price of invoice less rebates yet?

The dealer is still making money selling at invoice as there’s “holdback” they get also. Holdback is calculated as (MSRP - Destination Charge) *.03

As far as the two cars you’re looking at in colors you’re not overly thrilled with, and the sunroof feature, if the color is not a total deal breaker, nonchalantly allow the dealer to understand that you’re not that interested, but invoice pricing may sway you some.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have you tried offering any dealer a price of invoice less rebates yet?

The dealer is still making money selling at invoice as there’s “holdback” they get also. Holdback is calculated as (MSRP - Destination Charge) *.03

As far as the two cars you’re looking at in colors you’re not overly thrilled with, and the sunroof feature, if the color is not a total deal breaker, nonchalantly allow the dealer to understand that you’re not that interested, but invoice pricing may sway you some.
Awesome info. I'm doing a lot of studying and negotiation what-ifs to keep my on my toes.

That, and plenty of videos from TheHomeworkGuy.

Kudos, mate. I'm super excited, even if it comes with the sunroof, not gonna lie. BUT... I know not to show that excitement. Lol.

EDIT: For clarification, when you say invoice less rebates, you mean Invoice, then adding the rebate, right?

Still trying to learn the parlance.

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Awesome info. I'm doing a lot of studying and negotiation what-ifs to keep my on my toes.

That, and plenty of videos from TheHomeworkGuy.

Kudos, mate. I'm super excited, even if it comes with the sunroof, not gonna lie. BUT... I know not to show that excitement. Lol.
Indeed......when I bought my daughter the Yellow Jacket T/A in April 2019, yellow was her preferred color and she liked (as well as myself) the T/A trim and options on the car. I did 99% of the negotiating through email. When we arrived at the dealership in Knoxville, TN, we/she played low key and acted like Yellow Jacket might not be for us. The car was a 2018 leftover that had been in inventory for a little less than 400 days. They were ready to move it, and were verrrrrrrrrry aggressive. I essentially bought it at invoice less 100% of the holdback and got the current rebates of $4,000.00

·
Registered
33 Posts
Indeed......when I bought my daughter the Yellow Jacket T/A in April 2019, yellow was her preferred color and she liked (as well as myself) the T/A trim and options on the car. I did 99% of the negotiating through email. When we arrived at the dealership in Knoxville, TN, we/she played low key and acted like Yellow Jacket might not be for us. The car was a 2018 leftover that had been in inventory for a little less than 400 days. They were ready to move it, and were verrrrrrrrrry aggressive. I essentially bought it at invoice less 100% of the holdback and got the current rebates of $4,000.00

Yeah, I'm definitely not in a situation where I have the lot age in my favor. It's gonna be fresh off a truck.

So, just so things are crystal clear for me - and I swear I'm not trying to shovel work on anyone, I am trying to learn - using actual numbers here:

The car I'm looking at is MSRP at $47,640. Minus the PD rebate ONLY, that's $42,790. Subtract the purported invoice based on the calculation you gave me, That's an additional $1,384.35 off to make the new price $41,405. Does that sound about right?

What is this whole '1% below invoice' thing I keep hearing? Is it literally as it reads? And 1% of what? The MSRP? The Invoice price itself?

EDIT: I operate really well with visuals and actual numbers are paper, so I'm writing all this down.

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
May I ask how you end up going about working into negotiating the car's invoice to get some extra honey?

I'm currently look at MSRP of $47,000 ish and only Power Dollars (this is before the F&I dance, which I'm going to deny 100% of) for a Scat purchase.

Any tips?

It DOES have a feature I'm not super happy with having to pay (sunroof, $1200), plus it's not exactly a color I want (TorRed or Pitch Black since YJ isn't a thing anymore).

Any way I could work this in my favor?

Would anyone have an invoice for the Scat Pack, or is there a good resource I can trust for relatively accurate numbers? I've researched this before, but it all seemed pretty dubious, and I stopped because I couldn't be too sure.
Remember the headliner is lower with a sunroof so if you or a passenger are tall it may be an issue.
Remember, this is a business transaction, it’s all about money on both sides, once get get a feeling that they’ve “got you” they won the game. Good luck to you, they invented the game so it starts in their corner, you can always politely say no thank you ride up and leave. I just bought a $56,000 pickup four weeks ago, I went to a dealer who had exactly what I wanted and a SMOKING hot sales woman but her manager wanted to be a tool. I told him I’m beyond car dealer games, I exceed any banks lending criteria so they can agree or I’m going elsewhere.
I got up and left and heard nothing from them that week and bought the same truck at dealer number 2. One of the first rides I took with the truck was dealer number one and went in and told the young lady I very much wanted her to get the sale but her boss wasn’t a savvy businessman and the other dealer did even better than I was looking for. I did give her $25 to have a nice lunch on me. Then I waved to her manager in the way out. She was extremely accommodating and did I say eye candy?

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
@DomoInADodge

Stop BULLLLLLYING me with work :ROFLMAO:

MSRP on my car was $47,570
Invoice was $45,560
Holdback was $1,394 (look at the invoice below the destination charge and you’ll see HB139400) and is calculated like I said earlier (MSRP - destination charge)*.03

So.....profit on the car is $2,010 or 4.22% of MSRP

Profit plus the holdback is $3,404 ($2,010 plus $1,394)

1% below invoice would be $45,104 ($45,560*.01) or an additional $456 less

The Employee Pricing is on the invoice next to EP $43,482
Preferred Pricing is PP $45,179
Not sure what DR pricing is but it might be Affiliate pricing $44,885

And yes......the rebates come off the invoice (lower the invoice pricing) and this is your price before tax, tags, and any documentary fees.

·
Registered
33 Posts
@DomoInADodge

Stop BULLLLLLYING me with work :ROFLMAO:

MSRP on my car was $47,570
Invoice was $45,560
Holdback was $1,394 (look at the invoice below the destination charge and you’ll see HB139400) and is calculated like I said earlier (MSRP - destination charge)*.03

So.....profit on the car is $2,010 or 4.22% of MSRP

Profit plus the holdback is $3,404 ($2,010 plus $1,394)

1% below invoice would be $45,104 ($45,560*.01) or an additional $456 less

The Employee Pricing is on the invoice next to EP $43,482
Preferred Pricing is PP $45,179
Not sure what DR pricing is but it might be Affiliate pricing $44,885
View attachment 1001869

And yes......the rebates come off the invoice (lower the invoice pricing) and this is your price before tax, tags, and any documentary fees.
yo, this is insanely helpful. I've never seen one of these before.

Thanks a ton. I'm gonna study this for the next two days and develop a strategy for the sales floor.

Send me your Paypal, I'll kick ya a $20. No meme.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
505 Posts
I am trying to order a scat Pack and am having trouble finding dealers who will lock in the power dollars on a special order car. ...
Did that, done that. Took delivery on August 31st for an April 20th order. The available rebates for FCA special order vehicles can be locked in when the VIN is assigned. The VIN is assigned very early in the build process, literally within days of placing the order. This was a huge contention for me during the long wait, and the finance guy finally confirmed the real details when I closed the deal.

The confusion is from other brands (GM) which do not lock in the rebates when the order is placed. Makes it tough for them... Oh bummer, took us too long to build the car and the rebate expired. Guess you will have to pay more money..... I wouldn't want to be the sales person delivering this news!!

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
So the 2020 order banks have closed and 2021 banks are open.

But no Power Dollars on 2021 at the moment and startup date for 2021 is unknown at this time.

So for anyone looking, lock up any 2020 that's close to what you want and Power Dollars on 2020 models continues at least until January.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,063 Posts
I get that everyone wants to save every dollar they can, but with the Power Dollars discount, at what point are we looking a gift horse in the mouth? I mean really, $4,850 immediately discounted off of a Scat Pack with absolutely no haggling is a pretty decent amount. This program's been running so long that everybody just takes it for granted and then expects even more of a discount.
IMO, it's like going shopping at Bed Bath & Beyond and NOT expecting to use a 20% coupon off an item. The 20% off you get with the coupon is already factored into the price of each and every item in the store not on sale. To NOT use a coupon makes me know I'm paying 20% to much, so why shop there?
I remember when GM's Saturn division was created, they had firm pricing on their cars so the price listed was the price paid. I admired that strategy because everyone walking into a showroom could feel confident they were going to get the same deal as the next guy. Needless to say, Saturn's long gone, but I believe it's because they got away from their initial pricing strategy and ended up discounting and haggling like every other car line.
Why doesn't Dodge just DROP the price of their cars accordingly to begin with and hold fast on their pricing? You want a Dodge performance product, be willing pay the price, otherwise move along folks, nothing to see here.
I hope I live to see the day where all of the negotiating the price shell game for a new car BS goes by the wayside.

Reactions: Bob Ricewasser
1 - 19 of 19 Posts