Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I have ran into a problem with the front door speakers on my scat pack. They have stopped playing any sort of vocals, they are very faint and they are only playing bass.

I'm not sure why both speakers are having this same issue. I have swapped out the drivers side door speaker, and they are still having the same issue.

Any help/ideas is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
What sound system do you have? HK, Alpine, or the base system? With the Alpine and HK systems, I believe there is a crossover network that only allows the door speakers to play bass.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What sound system do you have? HK, Alpine, or the base system? With the Alpine and HK systems, I believe there is a crossover network that only allows the door speakers to play bass.
Its an Alpine system. I noticed that my speakers didn't seem as loud as usual, I usually would play my stereo at around 19, and now I am having to turn it up to 27 and it still doesn't seem very loud.

The door speakers are barely playing, to the point they seem nonexistant.

·
Registered
2019 R/T ScatPack B5 Blue
122 Posts
Its an Alpine system. I noticed that my speakers didn't seem as loud as usual, I usually would play my stereo at around 19, and now I am having to turn it up to 27 and it still doesn't seem very loud.

The door speakers are barely playing, to the point they seem nonexistant.
Jtrosky did a great write up on it! 2018 Challenger Alpine 6-speaker amplified system upgrades

Mekrunner is correct, the Alpine system uses a crossover and the result is only mids and lows though the 6x9's and the highs go through the 3.5" in the dash. Take a look at the article above and it explains everything in detail!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts