Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added the MOPAR (T/A style) hood pins to their Scat Pack yet? Did some google searches but couldn't find any. Thinking of this mod and would like to see some pics of them installed on a Scat Pack. -Thanks, MCP

Attachments

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I see the thread was moved, perhaps a more appropriate spot for it. Anyone with a '15 or newer challenger add these?

·
Registered
116 Posts
YouTube has some videos....also check out steve white motors on youtube and this site.....I,m thinking about adding them to my sps....pls post your experience if you do the mod....thanks

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
371 Posts
I just put the chrome Mopar hoodpins (from the Mopar '10 Challenger) on mine - but it's just a lowly, old R/T. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
$300 for hood pins - I just about fell out of the chair when I saw that. They were a $15.40 LIST PRICE option on my 70 Super Bee. Hell, I'd just buy a set a repro's - Year One sells them for $65 a set.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hood Pins on a SPS

I used the Mopar black kit, had them painted satin, and highlighted the Omega M in blue with silver border. I was very nervous initially, but now I think the car would look plain without them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Another option is our hood pin kit, completely plug and play and made from billet aluminum we offer matte black, satin, or gloss black finishes. We also carry the mopar version as well but these save a few bucks
Speedlogix Billet Hood Pin Kit 08-16 Challenger

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Another option is our hood pin kit, completely plug and play and made from billet aluminum we offer matte black, satin, or gloss black finishes. We also carry the mopar version as well but these save a few bucks
Speedlogix Billet Hood Pin Kit 08-16 Challenger
That's a nice kit, and seeing the mounting plate and other pieces I'd feel a little better about paying the extra for that........

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I used the Mopar black kit, had them painted satin, and highlighted the Omega M in blue with silver border. I was very nervous initially, but now I think the car would look plain without them.
Looks good! If you don't mind sharing, what was the cost for parts and install? My local dealership (one of them) said they wouldn't even let their body shop do the install. They farm it out to a local "custom" body shop.

·
Registered
2011 Challenger RT Classic
228 Posts
Not on a Scat Pack, but here are a few pics of the Chrome Mopar pins on my RT Classic. My dad and I did the install, so I don't have an exact price for installation. When I ordered the pins the local Dodge dealership said it would probably be around $100 for their body guys to do it.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1496278426.266053.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1496278444.006204.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1496278465.284448.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am thinking about getting some black pins for my gomango scat pack shaker. Are the mopar hood pins glued on?
No, these are the real deal drilled pins. There are fake ones out that that just stick on your hood. They do look real though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I like the look of hood pins...goes with the styling spirit of the challenger. I am installing a set of fake pins(I prefer calling them simulated pins ha ha) to try the look out for a while to make sure before drilling for real ones. I want to place them in the exact location of the real mopar pins. I would appreciate some one giving me a measurement to the center of the real pin from the side and front edge of the hood..from pictures it appears to be about 3"x3" but would like to know for sure..also the pin plates are flat and the hood is curved so doesn't that make the edge of the plate stand out?....there is a thin gasket but don't think it is enough to fill the gap? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2011 Challenger RT Classic
228 Posts
I measured my pins that are pictured above. On mine from the center of the pin to the front hood edge is 3 3/16" and from the center of pin to the side hood edge is 3 3/4". The plates do lay rather flush except for the very front edge on mine did lift a a tiny bit but you can only tell if I put the hood up to eye level and look under the front edge of the plate. Everywhere else stuck real flush.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I came across this video from Steve White Motors (forum vendor) doing a hood pin install. Actually looks pretty easy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts