Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I ordered my scat pack sublime with a bunch of goodies from Moss Brothers Dodge in San Bernardino CA (anyone out there looking these are straight up gearhead guys who don't try to screw you around-painless, paid INVOICE) Anyhow, it shows on restriction right now. Anyone have an idea why?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
That happens when order allocations are filled. They should be able to queue you up for the next open allocation window

·
Registered
537 Posts
I've seen a couple of posts on here from people who recently ordered Scat Packs and got a vin and change in order status. My car was ordered a couple of days ago and was still pending. I would love to see if that has changed, but it appears the VON system is down.

·
Premium Member
9,216 Posts
That happens when order allocations are filled. They should be able to queue you up for the next open allocation window
Can you explain allocations? To me is if a dealer wants to order an non limited vehicle as long as they pay the factory for it why can't they have as many as they want? Why would they care? As long as they are built in the order they queue up to it should be fine.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Can you explain allocations? To me is if a dealer wants to order an non limited vehicle as long as they pay the factory for it why can't they have as many as they want? Why would they care? As long as they are built in the order they queue up to it should be fine.
I believe its due to the capacity of the factory. They can only push out so many Challengers across the trims in a 24 hour period. So if orders are flying in for Scat Packs they don't want to have 4-5 months of backlogged orders to catch up on.

They have allocations for each trim, when orders fill these allocations up they stop taking orders until the next month/allocation period is open. To allow them to keep up with demand.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Nevermind...............I was able to get into the Jeep VOTS link posted on the site and it shows that a VIN has been issued and my status is D. That's pretty exciting hope it moves fast.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Nevermind...............I was able to get into the Jeep VOTS link posted on the site and it shows that a VIN has been issued and my status is D. That's pretty exciting hope it moves fast.
How did you get in to the Jeep Vots? I tried just now and still got the same message that the system is down for "remodeling"?

What day did you order your car?

I ordered my Scat Pack on 9/20 and haven't been able to see it in VOTS yet.

·
Registered
537 Posts
How did you get in to the Jeep Vots? I tried just now and still got the same message that the system is down for "remodeling"?

What day did you order your car?

I ordered my Scat Pack on 9/20 and haven't been able to see it in VOTS yet.
There are directions in the tracking options thread. You have to download an extension in Google Chrome. Instead of clicking submit you click Get Info after you download the extension. I'm not a tech guy, but was able to get it to work.

I ordered my car on 09/20, but the sales manager didn't enter the order until 09/22...........had my VIN as of last night at about 7:45 p.m.

·
Premium Member
7,291 Posts
It does seem like the R/T Scat Pack is a really popular model. They can only make so many each month. Give it a few weeks and you'll be able to place your order.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts