Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to install the Scat Pack PCM in my 2013 R.T. Are they still being made? Do I have to go to the dealer for the throttle relearn or can I do that at home? The dealer wants 400 to get it going. Any advice would be appreciated. I am located in Los Angeles.

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
I put the Scat PCM in my 2015 RT, you do have to have the dealer flash it in .
$ 400. Installed and the PCM is a good price , my bill was a bit higher
If you go the with Diablo , I think you will come money wise higher

·
Vendor
12,392 Posts
yes will require etc relearn, which should cost approx .5 of an hour
Luke

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
Did you notice a difference with the scatpack pcm? My car is still under warranty.
Yes there was differences , it does not effect your warranty,
I have a lifetime from warranty from Dodge so iam careful

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank's I am trying to figure out why they quoted me 385 with the core for the PCM but they want 350 to install. I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. Right now it is in the shop for the T36 recall,

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
Thank's I am trying to figure out why they quoted me 385 with the core for the PCM but they want 350 to install. I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. Right now it is in the shop for the T36 recall,
I paid 585. 00 out the door ,, and still have my OEM ,, pcm on my desk
Was going to sell it ,, but decided against it
There switching out PCM there should be no core charge
I call around to other dealers

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes will require etc relearn, which should cost approx .5 of an hour
Luke
Hi Luke,

I called around my area Los Angeles and everyone wanted around 400 to do the throttle relearn :(

Does anyone in Los Angeles know of any dealers who won't charge an arm and a leg?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Wow it sounds like the dealer in LA are all on the same page. That's is a lot of coin to charge for hooking up a a machine to your car, pressing a button and waiting however long it takes for the machine to run threw it's process. Unreal, I'm not sure of your feeling on other options, but if I was in the scenario I'd be looking at other options. At the end of the day price wise, you'd be better off getting either HPT or Diablo. You can control every aspect of your car, and never have to worry about tuning issues again. Especially if you go the Diablo route with a CANN tune.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow it sounds like the dealer in LA are all on the same page. That's is a lot of coin to charge for hooking up a a machine to your car, pressing a button and waiting however long it takes for the machine to run threw it's process. Unreal, I'm not sure of your feeling on other options, but if I was in the scenario I'd be looking at other options. At the end of the day price wise, you'd be better off getting either HPT or Diablo. You can control every aspect of your car, and never have to worry about tuning issues again. Especially if you go the Diablo route with a CANN tune.

I thought about it but my car is still under warranty for 3 more years. Plus I like to use all factory parts on my car.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I spoke to the dealer again got them to agree to 125.00 for the install. Is there anything they will need to do besides the throttle relearn? Does it have to be registered with Mopar/FCA since I have a warranty on my car til 2020? PCM arrives Today and will be installed Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
They shouldn’t have to do anything other than program the vin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I would say no at this point. Others may disagree but you don’t really have enough mods to warrant getting a new pcm at this stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
To avoid starting a new thread, is it worth getting the PCM if you only have the Mopar CAI w/ stock Exhaust?
I have Corsa exhaust with the mopar CAI ,, and the Stage 1 PCM
Glad I did it , very pleased with how my Challenger sounds and performs

·
Registered
3 Posts
To avoid starting a new thread, is it worth getting the PCM if you only have the Mopar CAI w/ stock Exhaust?
I have Corsa exhaust with the mopar CAI ,, and the Stage 1 PCM
Glad I did it , very pleased with how my Challenger sounds and performs
Thats my concern. It seems a lot who get the PCM all have both an exhaust and CAI. All I have is a Mopar CAI and not sure if there's any true gain with just that and the PCM

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thats my concern. It seems a lot who get the PCM all have both an exhaust and CAI. All I have is a Mopar CAI and not sure if there's any true gain with just that and the PCM
The first mod I did was a Flowmaster exhaust on my Challenger I did not notice any change in power according to the butt dyno. The factory exhaust looks very efficient I just wanted something louder.

Second I did the Mopar CAI it made the throttle seem to respond just a little bit faster but that was it. It did remove some of the raspyness from my exhaust when I would go WOT.

I am getting the PCM installed tomorrow and can report back if you like. I will need to wait to drive the car some and for the I-10 and 110 freeways to open up late one night.

·
Vendor
12,392 Posts
Hi Luke,

I called around my area Los Angeles and everyone wanted around 400 to do the throttle relearn :(

Does anyone in Los Angeles know of any dealers who won't charge an arm and a leg?
takes .5 of an hour
Luke

1 - 20 of 25 Posts