Dodge Challenger Forum banner

81 - 100 of 1076 Posts

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
Since I started this thread I should probably contribute… Here are a few pics of m new M6 Scat Pack with the SPSG. The sales manager even told me I could drive it out of the show room but I let them do it. Door opening was a little too close for my for me to attempt so the salesman that owns a 2014 R/T 100th said he would do it. Everyone in the showroom took notice when he fired it up alright! A couple pics of the guy driving it out.

I'll post some better shots soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Awesome! How you liking the M6?
I like it. I find myself holding the shifter as if it was my old pistol grip shifter. It could be my imagination but the shifter in my Scat Pack seems crisper. I haven't pushed it very hard while I'm breaking the engine in though.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I feel the same way. I think the shifter is a little tighter and the throws are a bit shorter than my old '13.

I haven't had any of that 2nd gear "nibble" either. I'm actually selling my barton from my old car because I like this shifter so much.

I'm able to shift it fast and smooth and put down some 4.3s 0-60 times and 12.60 1/4s with it. I'm digging the 6spd scat pack big time !

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I feel the same way. I think the shifter is a little tighter and the throws are a bit shorter than my old '13.

I haven't had any of that 2nd gear "nibble" either. I'm actually selling my barton from my old car because I like this shifter so much.

I'm able to shift it fast and smooth and put down some 4.3s 0-60 times and 12.60 1/4s with it. I'm digging the 6spd scat pack big time !

You're right, the throws are shorter with the new M6. It just snaps from gear to gear. I got a chance to drive it today after dark and I am more impressed with the new gauge cluster. Wow, the speedo and tach have so much depth. Its just a fantastic layout.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #92

·
Registered
815 Posts

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
How did you get the "dodge" off the rear & put the "challenger" on, looks great!

The "DODGE" letters came off quite easily (disturbingly so actually)...just heated the area up with a hair dryer (NOT a heat gun on that plastic) and used fishing line to slice through the stickum tape. (FYI - the "DODGE" letters span 12 5/16 inches, with each letter's left edge 2 3/4 inches from subsequent letter's left edge.

I fabricated a painted aluminum diamond plate backing plate that I stuck onto the black plastic where the letters were (both in keeping with my theme and to protect the plastic) then attached my Challenger script badge (3D printed plastic) with 3M Emblem tape.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Thanks :) Love the new interior, and features. In fact the only thing I can point to as maybe not being as good as the old one is the look of the front grill.

This 392 with the A8 is pretty damn amazing, it feels like it would run circles around my old 2012 6M 392.
Do you miss your AFR shaker?

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Do you miss your AFR shaker?
Yes and no, I mean the Shaker is undeniably attractive, it's like looking at cleavage, and the AFR has the truest form, looks just like an original and not mis-shapen like the new units Mopar is producing. On the no side, it was slightly damaged in shipping and was just another thing to clean and service, they gave me extra $$$ for it on trade in so I let it go.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
2015 Sublime Green RT Scat Pack

Here is a few pics of my RT Scat Pack. I love the car and the color. Maybe a little to much already have received 2 speeding tickets. It screams unleash me while I am driving. Damn its hard to not just plain let it go. I have been as high as 140 with ease and feel like it could have went faster but it was night time and I was not familiar with the road.

2015 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack just prior to purchase.jpg

2015 RT Scat Pack L Side full shot (640x480).jpg

2015 RT Scat Pack with new rear graphics.jpg

81 - 100 of 1076 Posts