Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,631 Posts
Congrats! Looks great :thumbsup:

A Guy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just got mine 2 weeks ago. I am in love... I tried to do an intro post but I keep getting a server 500 error, so posting it here instead. I am currently out of town on business and I can't wait to get back in the car when I am back.

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
I ordered my '16 Scat Pack without factory side stripes, and my dealer added these "TA" style stripes on the side. I did order the factory "Modern R/T Hood Stripe"
Lookin' mighty good there, John! I was able to get a few things changed as well. Some things after the order, but those that couldn't due to its place in production had to be done once it arrived.I am considering OEM HID headlights, so I'm reviewing the pros and cons of HIDs vs. halogens.

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
I ordered my '16 Scat Pack without factory side stripes, and my dealer added these "TA" style stripes on the side. I did order the factory "Modern R/T Hood Stripe"
Lookin' mighty good there, John! I was able to get a few things changed as well. Some things after the order, but those that couldn't due to its place in production had to be done once it arrived.I am considering OEM HID headlights, so I'm reviewing the pros and cons of HIDs vs. halogens.
Thanks. Hard to believe I've had it 3 1/2 years. Time flies and can't wait for all the snow/ice/salt to give way for another year of some good cruising.

Still happy as heck with it in every way.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,631 Posts
Just got mine 2 weeks ago. I am in love... I tried to do an intro post but I keep getting a server 500 error, so posting it here instead. I am currently out of town on business and I can't wait to get back in the car when I am back.
Welcome from California ;) Seems to be becoming a common issue again. Try again with a short title, you can go back and edit it if it works. I was going to copy your post to the welcome section, but I didn't want to make a title not knowing if you'd like it ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
13,738 Posts
The pro is the factory HIDs are about the best headlights you will ever have the pleasure of driving behind.

The con is it's a very complicated system with an electric shutter that drops down with a clunk to lower the upper cutoff to give you low beams, the HID light itself stays at the same brightness so you need this system to get low and high beams. I'm sure all this is extremely expensive and would be difficult to install and get to work.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not your factory 392 shaker but this is my scat pack with almost all the bells and whistle.

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
The pro is the factory HIDs are about the best headlights you will ever have the pleasure of driving behind.

The con is it's a very complicated system with an electric shutter that drops down with a clunk to lower the upper cutoff to give you low beams, the HID light itself stays at the same brightness so you need this system to get low and high beams. I'm sure all this is extremely expensive and would be difficult to install and get to work.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info Slidd. I checked and I can replace the HIDs with OEM units. It's all one piece. However, everything else aside considering expenses, would be to replace the bulbs or the module. Otherwise, it's plug-n-play.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thanks. Hard to believe I've had it 3 1/2 years. Time flies and can't wait for all the snow/ice/salt to give way for another year of some good cruising.

Still happy as heck with it in every way.
Me, too, John. I bought mine January 2016...it seems like a few months ago!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had some decent weather over the weekend, finally managed to get her clean and break out the camera.
First scat pack I have seen with the blacktop package in purple. Beautiful.

·
Registered
17 Posts
First scat pack I have seen with the blacktop package in purple. Beautiful.
Thank you, but no black top package. That's a 19 Widebody Scat Pack. Only exterior option is the tail stripe.
Oh my mistake, I thought the stripe was indicative of that package. Looks great either way.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,631 Posts
They look great guys :thumbsup:

A Guy

1021 - 1040 of 1084 Posts