Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1061 - 1076 of 1076 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Thanks for the info. I looked at Welds too and the price is more than I can afford for rims. I will be ordering the Race Stars. Did you switch to shorter sway bar end links or did the wheels fit stock?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Yes Sir you are welcome! I did have to order the B. Woody shorter sway bar links. They are WAY beefier than stock, a piece of cake to install and I feel it is a suspension upgrade. I added the Per4mance Diff brace and eliminated wheel hop on my ride.

·
Registered
537 Posts
50 miles on mine. Can't wait to actually drive it. It's been a looooong winter.
Sharp!

Is that Granite or Maximum Steel?

·
Registered
376 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
You are closer... It's a 1977 pontiac grand safari with a pontiac 400. Starts everyday and I actually drive that thing to work a lot lol. A bit of a different ride than the challenger but still fun in its own way.
Wow a 400 in the downsized B Bodies! One of the first cars I drove was a 75 Impala, and then my mom got a 86, then a 94 Caprice LT1. I love GM full frame cars. (I have a 67 El Camino as well).

·
Registered
376 Posts
You are closer... It's a 1977 pontiac grand safari with a pontiac 400. Starts everyday and I actually drive that thing to work a lot lol. A bit of a different ride than the challenger but still fun in its own way.
Man I was WAY off thinking it was a Ford! lol Only a GM man would spot that! That 400 belongs in a GTO for sure. My Uncle used to own a 70 GTO Judge 400 (Royal Bobcat Version) . Royal Oak Pontiac down the street from the Factory used to make them. Shaved heads, larger carb, big manifolds, 526 solid cam, 3:55 posi, Hurst 4 speed. Killer ride. He used to race in Charlotte NC in "Pure Stock" class including the stock skinny 70's poly glass tires. His glove box was full of time cards that I used to look at as a kid. 12.07's, 12,08's @ 107-108 all day long. He told me he would spin 1/2 way down the track. Imagine with a set of DR's and a killer automatic! Amazing ride for sure.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Man I was WAY off thinking it was a Ford! lol Only a GM man would spot that! That 400 belongs in a GTO for sure. My Uncle used to own a 70 GTO Judge 400 (Royal Bobcat Version) . Royal Oak Pontiac down the street from the Factory used to make them. Shaved heads, larger carb, big manifolds, 526 solid cam, 3:55 posi, Hurst 4 speed. Killer ride. He used to race in Charlotte NC in "Pure Stock" class including the stock skinny 70's poly glass tires. His glove box was full of time cards that I used to look at as a kid. 12.07's, 12,08's @ 107-108 all day long. He told me he would spin 1/2 way down the track. Imagine with a set of DR's and a killer automatic! Amazing ride for sure.
Yea that sounds like a hell of a car! My mom had a 91 caprice classic wagon I remember riding around in that before I could drive. Looked just like the pontiac I have now I picked this one up for a bit of nostalgia and those square bodies are hard to come by. For pontiac '77 was the first year of the smaller 115" b body that became popular on all wagons until the rounded ones started with v6s in 93. The 400 Cid was the biggest engine offered in 77 on that car. I would love to rebuild atleast the top end 4 barrel carb. It would be hilarious to turn that best up wagon into a sleeper. But alas the wife was nice enough to turn a blind eye to my crave for the challenger she actually said if I get the challenger the wagon has to go but I was able to convince her I need them both. The wagon is a killer grocery getter lol😉

Maybe one day I'll work the wagon but for now it's just a fun car to drive around sometimes as long as it continues to turn over like a champ and get less gas milage then the challenger lol.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yea that sounds like a hell of a car! My mom had a 91 caprice classic wagon I remember riding around in that before I could drive. Looked just like the pontiac I have now I picked this one up for a bit of nostalgia and those square bodies are hard to come by. For pontiac '77 was the first year of the smaller 115" b body that became popular on all wagons until the rounded ones started with v6s in 93. The 400 Cid was the biggest engine offered in 77 on that car. I would love to rebuild atleast the top end 4 barrel carb. It would be hilarious to turn that best up wagon into a sleeper. But alas the wife was nice enough to turn a blind eye to my crave for the challenger she actually said if I get the challenger the wagon has to go but I was able to convince her I need them both. The wagon is a killer grocery getter lol😉

Maybe one day I'll work the wagon but for now it's just a fun car to drive around sometimes as long as it continues to turn over like a champ and get less gas milage then the challenger lol.
Keepin History alive that's awesome brother! That thing would look awesome with a solid Metallic paint job and a set of Cragers or Keystone Classics! The 400 Pontiac would be my choice if I drove an Indian for sure:)

1061 - 1076 of 1076 Posts