Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone swapped newer seats into an older challenger. I was searching on several forums but couldnt really find anything.
I got a set of 15 Scat pack heated and cooled seats from a challenger and wondering how hard it will be to swap and keep at least the power and heated options.

Anyone have pin outs for these or know where to get them?

If its going to be too hard I may have a set of seats up for sale soon. haha

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have read a couple of months ago someone tried, Plugs were different and the voltages have been changed over the years. Also if I could remember the head unit would not activate them. It seems the Tech changes in these cars quite often and most things are not plug and play!

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im sure the plugs would be different and I dont have any kind of head unit to control anything. I was just hoping motors needed 12v but if the seat has its own computer thats going to be a problem. Maybe I can just swap foam and upper frame so the folding lever works.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Newer seats I believe have airbags as well. I don't know if you'll notice, but the seat bases are about 1.5 inches shorter. My '09 R/T seats were much more comfortable than my '12 SRT or '16 Scat Pack seats. I'd just look for a nice set of '08-10 seats if I were you. $.02

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Newer seats I believe have airbags as well. I don't know if you'll notice, but the seat bases are about 1.5 inches shorter. My '09 R/T seats were much more comfortable than my '12 SRT or '16 Scat Pack seats. I'd just look for a nice set of '08-10 seats if I were you. $.02
Yah I got the front and rear seats and each has a blown airbag. I was going to get them stitched back up and not worry about the airbag. They are the suede seats with R/T stiched into the material. Basically an SRT seat. My driver seat is worn out and the "leather" has been cracked since 25k miles, which they would not replace under warranty for some reason.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Where are the seat bases shorter - front to back or top to bottom? I'm looking at doing the same thing - '15 Scat Pack seat skins into my '10 R/T.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where are the seat bases shorter - front to back or top to bottom? I'm looking at doing the same thing - '15 Scat Pack seat skins into my '10 R/T.
I won't claim it as scientific knowledge, but the standard leather/suede seat cushions seem to be shorter. In my '09 R/T with deluxe seats the base cushion from the back to tip under my knees was almost 21 inches. My '12 SRT8 with standard seats was just over 19.5 inches. My '16 SP 392 Shaker with Nappa/Sepia is 21 inches. I bought a set of '08 300C standard Suede SRT8 seats to install in a Dakota and they were 19.5 inches. My wife is picky about seats...

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I swapped different seats into my 04 Ram, and even though the plugs were different for the motors, etc, I reused my bases, and just swapped over the upper parts, so I could keep the working motors, etc. I haven't figured out how to activate the heater elements, but I also haven't tried. You may be able to do something similar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts