Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've always liked challengers with some kind of side stripe on them and truly believe the best factory look from Dodge was the '09-'14 R/T Classic. Since Dodge doesn't make an R/T 392 Classic, I kind of created my own with 392 Hemi callouts on the hood, T/A style sides strips, and I had the bumblebee stripe removed. The stripes came from Big Worm and fit well. I had them professionally installed in my garage by a mobile installer that the local dealership uses. I've attached some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've always like challengers with some kind of side stripe on them and truly believe the best factory look from Dodge was the '09-'14 R/T Classic. Since Dodge doesn't make an R/T 392 Classic, I kind of created my own with 392 Hemi callouts on the hood, T/A style sides strips, and I had the bumblebee stripe removed. The stripes came from Big Worm and fit well. I had them professionally installed in my garage by a mobile installer that the local dealership uses. I've attached some pics.
Looks bad azz.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
I've always like challengers with some kind of side stripe on them and truly believe the best factory look from Dodge was the '09-'14 R/T Classic. Since Dodge doesn't make an R/T 392 Classic, I kind of created my own with 392 Hemi callouts on the hood, T/A style sides strips, and I had the bumblebee stripe removed. The stripes came from Big Worm and fit well. I had them professionally installed in my garage by a mobile installer that the local dealership uses. I've attached some pics.

That looks perfect! :)

Nice.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I love the look of the T/A also!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
Agree with you as well - without stripes, it seems like something's missing. The graphics and bright colors on Mopar muscle is what differentiated them from the 'standard' models.

Here's my two challengers stock / after install. The '09 R/T and then the '16 SPS

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
2 Posts
Yipes! Stripes!

As you can see, I went TOTALLY RETRO on the stripes, and other things.

Bill Rolik

Attachments

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As you can see, I went TOTALLY RETRO on the stripes, and other things.

Bill Rolik
They look good with stripes, nice job by all! We put the new R/T side stripes on our SP.

You can never go wrong with R/T side stripes. I really think Dodge should offer a R/T 392 Classic with the side stripes and 392 Hemi hood callouts. They'd have to come up with some new wheels if they wanted a Heritage style wheel to clear the Brembos but I could even live with the standard selection of SP wheels.

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
You can never go wrong with R/T side stripes. I really think Dodge should offer a R/T 392 Classic with the side stripes and 392 Hemi hood callouts. They'd have to come up with some new wheels if they wanted a Heritage style wheel to clear the Brembos but I could even live with the standard selection of SP wheels.
One of my friends loves the R/T Classic Heritage wheels (the chrome look) but laments that you can't get these on a Brembo system equipped model.

If FCA ever did that - he's in line for the order...

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I didn't notice it at first, but the new R/T Classic side stripes ('15+) are not as tall as the '09-'14 stripes. I think the I think the thin and thick layout masks that a little.

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
I didn't notice it at first, but the new R/T Classic side stripes ('15+) are not as tall as the '09-'14 stripes. I think the I think the thin and thick layout masks that a little.
Yes - the R/T-C stripes got revised - instead of wrapping the stripe around the side mirror pylon and the door handle, the stripe runs below it and just barely goes above the door handle.

Here's a stock FCA image (short here in Portland, just before the '15s were released for sale). Granite Crystal Met. w/ red stripe example. 2nd image is the '11-'14 R/T-C stripe (door handles are different on '09/'10 vs. '11-'14):

I like the '11-'14 stripe more - just personal preference

Attachments

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes - the R/T-C stripes got revised - instead of wrapping the stripe around the side mirror pylon and the door handle, the stripe runs below it and just barely goes above the door handle.

Here's a stock FCA image (short here in Portland, just before the '15s were released for sale). Granite Crystal Met. w/ red stripe example. 2nd image is the '11-'14 R/T-C stripe (door handles are different on '09/'10 vs. '11-'14):

I like the '11-'14 stripe more - just personal preference
I do like the design of the '15+ stripe but wish it was as thick and positioned up higher like the '09-'14 side stripes. I've always liked the '09-'14 stripes though, can't go wrong with the vintage look.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts