Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy is getting lowering springs on his ‘16 scat pack and I was wondering if I would be able to use his original OEM scat pack springs on my ‘15 RT plus to get more of an aggressive look? From what I have researched they should fit but I’m not sure if I’ll run into any issues. Has anyone tried this or have any feedback? I appreciate it

·
Super Moderator
16,666 Posts
It will work - that's what the 5.7 R/T models get when they have Super Track Pack suspension option - you'll get some lowering with the SP springs over what your stock ones have

·
Registered
‘74 Duster 360 4M
656 Posts
Doesn't a Plus come standard with STP?

Pretty sure the front springs are the same between the R/T STP and SP, but the rear springs were different. This is based on the codes for the springs when I compared my 2015 to an SP. I assumed the difference was due to the great HP/TQ of the 6.4.

·
Registered
15,916 Posts
Doesn't a Plus come standard with STP?
No, Plus is a luxury upgrade only.

Pretty sure the front springs are the same between the R/T STP and SP, but the rear springs were different. This is based on the codes for the springs when I compared my 2015 to an SP. I assumed the difference was due to the great HP/TQ of the 6.4.
Last time I checked my SRT 392 spring codes the fronts were the same as the R/T STP but the Scat Pack had different springs (assume stiffer), mine is a 2016.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
‘74 Duster 360 4M
656 Posts
I know on a ‘16 Plus Shaker, STP is standard, I thought it was on the Plus as well. I don’t pretend to be an expert though, just what I thought I had read. Based on a local 2015 at a dealer, it doesn’t appear to be standard on a Plus. I stand corrected.

Slidd, I am pretty sure you were the one that gave me the spring codes from your car to compare with mine. Have to go look again.

·
Registered
‘74 Duster 360 4M
656 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,053 Posts
SP springs should lower an R/T without STP about 1/2"

A Guy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for the info. I do agree seems like a lot of work for 1/2” drop.

·
Registered
15,916 Posts
1/2 inch in the rear, in the front it's a full inch.

I measured some cars on the lot one day, stock R/T front spoiler was 8.50" off ground, front fender lip 30.75".

With STP, front spoiler 7.25" and front fender lip 29.75".

And looks way better lowered.

Look at this pic, one car has standard suspension and one had STP and easy to see which one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for that info.
The stock scat pack stance does look a lot better than the stock RT.
Do you have any idea if by simply swapping the springs that I would achieve the stock scat pack stance or do I need to worry about replacing other components as well to achieve that stance?

·
Registered
15,916 Posts
Thanks for that info.
The stock scat pack stance does look a lot better than the stock RT.
Do you have any idea if by simply swapping the springs that I would achieve the stock scat pack stance or do I need to worry about replacing other components as well to achieve that stance?
The springs will drop it, the shocks are part of it for handling but not needed for the spring install.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,635 Posts

I measured some cars on the lot one day, stock R/T front spoiler was 8.50" off ground, front fender lip 30.75".

Look at this pic, one car has standard suspension and one had STP and easy to see which one.

Yep, the white R/T has it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My friend will sell me his scat pack springs for $50. The other alternative I’m looking at would be the eibach/ mopar stage 1 lowering springs.
Now I’m wondering how the mopar stage 1 springs may compare in look/ride verses the look/ride of the scat pack springs on my Dodge Challenger RT non Stp

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Just found out my friend will also give me the stock scat pack sways bars.
Do y’all think there would be a significant benefit in ride/look in swapping the scat pack sway bars and springs onto to my rt plus?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Now I’m told the RT and Scat Pack have the same size sway bars. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
15,916 Posts
Just found out my friend will also give me the stock scat pack sways bars.
Do y’all think there would be a significant benefit in ride/look in swapping the scat pack sway bars and springs onto to my rt plus?
Benefit in ride? No, the ride will get worse. The Scat Pack and STP springs are stiffer so the ride is much firmer than the base suspension.

Now I’m told the RT and Scat Pack have the same size sway bars. Can anyone confirm?
Don't know. Measure your stock bars and someone should have the Scat Pack sizes.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,053 Posts
I believe the SP got different sway bars

A Guy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wanted to do the sway bars too but I just called dodge parts and gave them the vin off my RT Plus and my friends Scat pack. They said the sway bars are the same so at the moment I am just looking at swapping the springs
thanks for all the helpful information. If anyone has anything else please feel free to share

If I do get the springs installed this week I’ll make sure to share pictures

Reactions: Fawls

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update: Finally got the scat pack springs installed. A technician installed them at a local dealer for $300 including alignment. Just got the car back yesterday afternoon and I’m really happy. It looks great and handles better too. I wasn’t trying to go too low because I have a really steep driveway so I thought scat pack springs would be a good alternative plus my buddy sold me the springs for $50. I would deff recommend to anyone driving a challenger without STP.

Let me know if anyone has any questions

Reactions: A Guy and Slidd
1 - 20 of 22 Posts