Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am upgrading to LT headers and high flow cats here soon. I have decided I want to go the HP tuner route, is the pro package from them worth it? I have someone who has been tuning for awhile that will be helping me out. Any tips are welcome!

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
495 Posts
I am upgrading to LT headers and high flow cats here soon. I have decided I want to go the HP tuner route, is the pro package from them worth it? I have someone who has been tuning for awhile that will be helping me out. Any tips are welcome!
Are you gonna use a wideband? I've only logged my wideband with my Diablo but I think the main difference was that my pro kit came with a wire for analog connections for widebands and boost gauges

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you gonna use a wideband? I've only logged my wideband with my Diablo but I think the main difference was that my pro kit came with a wire for analog connections for widebands and boost gauges
Right over my head with that one, very new to tuning questions and research. I know the kit comes with the analog stuff, just not sure if its needed for what im doing right now.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
495 Posts
A wideband is basically another o2 sensor that you would add into your exhaust right behind the upstream (front) sensor. It tells you the live A/F ratio which can help you tune the car at WOT easier and also better. Basically it's a tuning tool, not necessary at all for your current build but doesn't hurt.
I say pass on the pro kit and down the road you can always buy the analog wire along with the wideband if you change your mind or go boosted. Unless of course your tuner buddy is more comfortable tuning with a wideband.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A wideband is basically another o2 sensor that you would add into your exhaust right behind the upstream (front) sensor. It tells you the live A/F ratio which can help you tune the car at WOT easier and also better. Basically it's a tuning tool, not necessary at all for your current build but doesn't hurt.
I say pass on the pro kit and down the road you can always buy the analog wire along with the wideband if you change your mind or go boosted. Unless of course your tuner buddy is more comfortable tuning with a wideband.
Ah now I get it Thanks again for all the help! Time to start modding!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts