Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm still making good progress with the HP Tune on my car.

Stuff I've been working on:

I have shut off the AES codes on my car. This allowed me to completely remove the AES actuators from the car. You will get 2 sets of codes (1217 / 121B and U113F / U1140). Simply go into engine diagnostic and shut them off.

It helps to rescale throttle body airflow about 20% below factory values. If you have a bigger TB, you may need to keep the values for 0.5 - 0.75 volt close to stock or a little above. After 0.75 volt, cut the values by 20%. Throttle response will improve. The factory values are way to high.

Tune using lambda. I finally ditched AFR for lambda. The innovative LC-2 will output in either AFR or lambda. You can then use the Tuning School conversion spreadsheet to determine your values. I adjusted my wideband range to read only between 11 - 15 AFR or 0.77 to 1.05 lambda. Closing the range improves the performance of the wideband and increases sensitivity.

All of my Transmission changes are working well. I always hated that the car blew through the shifts in normal mode at light throttle. I now have the car shifting at 2,500 rpms at light throttle in normal mode. This is much better and I pretty much left the 6-7 and 7-8 alone. This is the best of both worlds.... it is similar to sport mode from 1-6 and then dives into 7 and 8 when you get up to speed.

On cold starts, I pushed Closed Loop Enable out from 5* to 140* (coolant temp). The tune already has cold start fuel enrichment built in and delaying closed loop keeps the fuel trims from going crazy. Fuel enrichment is pretty much gone by 140*, so it is fine for the front o2s to take over by that point. The car idles better and settles down quicker being a little rich when cold.

I'm about 99% done with my tune right now. I will continue to fine tune my WOT AFR. I have it running between 12.2 - 12.4 from 4,000 rpms to 6,600 rpms.

The only negative I can report is the Sport mode lurch when coming to a stop has returned. Many people experience this stock and Dodge did help it with a TSB. I'll figure out how to tune it out eventually. It has to be a bi-product of TM. It is slightly annoying, but not a big deal.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts