Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just looked at a 2016 Challenger Scat Pack the sales guy said they put 89 octane in them now I thought the 392 Scat Pack had to have 91 or better?
Just wanted to know as we just put some $$ down on a white Shaker today :)
Thanks for the info :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I use 91 pure as well. Except that my Shell station has been sold out of it for 3 days and I'm on empty. Will have to put $20 of Chevron with ethanol tomorrow morning or else work from home!

·
Registered
161 Posts
91 Shell with Nitro ALWAYS!!!

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Chevron premium and Shell are the best out there right now. That's what a local petroleum engineer who works for Chevron told me anyway...take it for what it's worth. That's of course with respect to gas with ethanol in it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks we can get 89 or 93 oct. Premium with Ethanol not a lot of the off road ethanol free stuff where we are and when I did see it at one station near the lake they wanted $4.20 a gallon for the stuff EEK!
Thanks for the info will be sure it always gets premium gas for sure

·
Registered
410 Posts
I think its 89 for A8 and 91 for M6. I either been using 91 with no ethanol. Thats the highest I can get without ethanol. Or 93 Shell V-Power. No one around me sells 91 with ethanol. Its either 87, 89, 93. I'm trying to figure out which one is getting me better MPG but it doesnt seem to matter so I might stick with the 93 for the summer since its so damn hot outside already.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ok thanks we can get 89 or 93 oct. Premium with Ethanol not a lot of the off road ethanol free stuff where we are and when I did see it at one station near the lake they wanted $4.20 a gallon for the stuff EEK!
Thanks for the info will be sure it always gets premium gas for sure

My local Shell is still out of gas, so I filled up at Chevron this morning with 94 pure at $1.42 / liter Canadian. That's about $4.12 US per gallon. Ouch!

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
I think its 89 for A8 and 91 for M6.
That's for the 5.7L, all 392s require 91 at a minimum.

I've run 92 ethanol-free and Shell V-Power nitro+ 93 with ethanol and I've had better results with the Shell. The ethanol-free 92 would result in pinging when pulling away from a stop with my 6-speed, the 93 cures that.

·
Registered
324 Posts
How would you know if you're getting ethanol free fuel? What aboit the other gas stations like Marathon, Speedway, Valero, and Mobil?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
How would you know if you're getting ethanol free fuel? What aboit the other gas stations like Marathon, Speedway, Valero, and Mobil?

I guess it really depends on your state's pump labeling laws. Here in Illinois, the gas stations are required by law to label the pumps that have ethanol otherwise they will be fined.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Ok thanks.

I thought it was an additive you put in yourself.

I already run Shell 93, I'm just not not much for the brand-name propaganda like "techron" "nitro" or whatnot.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Around the upper midwest Holiday Stationstores is the best. I like the non ethanol and many of them have that. Also great for our classics.

·
Registered
324 Posts
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using ethanol/fuel blend vs non-ethanol?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts