Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I put Scat pack wheels on 2010 V6 challenger. My current wheels are Daytonas which are 20 X 8 while these are 20 X 9. Will spacers be enough to make them fit?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Can I put Scat pack wheels on 2010 V6 challenger. My current wheels are Daytonas which are 20 X 8 while these are 20 X 9. Will spacers be enough to make them fit?
You're probably going to have to wait 'til someone that has done it comments on it.
Assuming you don't have the luxury of being able to simply trying them first. I would try to estimate based on the differences between the two set ups.

For example: Assuming 245 tires on both rims, and the rims had the same offset as an original 8" wheel(+24), and the OE Scat Pack wheels(+25.5 offset), it would work out roughly as follows.

The inner face of the tire would move closer towards the suspension by this amount.
Plus 0.4" (since a 245 tire is that much wider on a 9" wheel than when it's on an 8" wheel.)
Plus 0.06" (the gain from the added 1.5mm offset)
That amounts to almost a 1/2". So if you were able to look to see if you thought it could tolerate to be 1/2 closer you could possibly get by without spacers. At worse I would think a minimal thickness spacer if any.

Of course if the tires were wider and/or the offsets were different, then you'd have to make adjustments for that.

·
Vendor
12,555 Posts
yes will fit without any issues, only issue if the tires are 275-40, will need a 5mm spacer up front
Luke

1 - 4 of 4 Posts