Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
I was disappointed when I realized that widebody's don't come with the lights. The fog light kit from MOPAR can be purchased for under $200 and includes lights, new screens for the grill, electrical connections and a new controller switch for the dash. It showed up searching for accessories for my VIN on the website. You can install yourself or have the dealer do so. I don't know why there were deleted, but I am thinking of putting them in. I actually use them driving up and down the central valley in winter so I will probably add them after the summer.

Fog Lights
Part Number: 82214426
Parts Description: Fog Lights, Complete kit, same as production
The lower fog lights were originally deleted for the Hellcats, which required as much air as possible to cool off the supercharger intercooler. They probably didn't want to design and engineer lights just for the Scat Packs, so no fog lights for you! This article explains all you need to know about the air intake requirements: https://www.sae.org/news/2014/08/air-catcher-headlamp-feeds-2015-challenger-srts-hellcat-v8

·
Registered
85 Posts
I love the driving lights on my charger, but I love the WB more on my SP WB so I'll do with out on it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you guys havent found a solution yet, a Taser from Zautomotive could be used to activate the fog lights to the computer.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I just spoke a friend of mine that is the service Manager at the Dodge dealership my widebody 50 is coming into. He told me that the widebody BCM can be programmed with accept the LNJ fog light code. In a couple weeks I'll be able to dig into mounting. :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Some how or other......I’m not sure if that will be an easy task, given the contours of the fascia on fog light equipped cars.
View attachment 982330
You know, that Challenger looks like it it is smiling. seriously. :)

Maybe it's the yellow ? It's happy !
Pretty cool (y)

Have a good one
parrott

·
Registered
2019 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody
140 Posts
The 2019 Scat Pack WB was developed by Dodge with track day driving in mind, in fact the 2019 SP WB matches the lap time of the original 707HP Helcats around the GingerMan Raceway. In order to accomplish this the engineers improved many aspects of the 2019 SP WB features, suspension tuning, bigger tires for more grip, bigger brakes and more cooling on the brakes from the lower vents in the front grille. These changes are not simply hand me downs from previous models, some are unique to the SP WB models. Hence no fog lights and more cooling on the front brakes and more smiles.

Add the driver driver convenience group for the high intensity discharge headlamps and call it good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
As a guy that loves auxiliary lighting, the HIDs really are incredible and have left me wanting for nothing. I wanted to find a way to mount some lights in the center of the grill similar to the mustangs but have given that dream up due to being unnecessary.

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
258 Posts
The WB fascia where fog lights would go on my 2019 are blocked off, so I don't think adding fog lights will compromise anything. It would also be nicer if there were open to allow air to the brakes,

·
Registered
2019 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody
140 Posts
It is difficult to see the path as the air duct is at an extreme angle that deflects the air onto brakes, but rest assured they are not blocked in the diagram below I believe part number 15 directs the air from the "fog lamp" grille to the front brakes.

·
Registered
258 Posts
It is difficult to see the path as the air duct is at an extreme angle that deflects the air onto brakes, but rest assured they are not blocked in the diagram below I believe part number 15 directs the air from the "fog lamp" grille to the front brakes.
View attachment 989530
Thanks for the diagram. Part 15 draws from Part 17/18, not the side 16 screens. They are completely blocked. On the driver side, there looks to be a diverter that also goes to the airbox. Through the front grill you can shine a light that directs right on to the inboard side of the brakes. Actually it looks like a thoughtful design.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts