Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody seen the OEM Scat Pack Widebody sway bars pop up for sale via Mopar dealers or elsewhere? The SRT engineers speak highly of them as an OEM upgrade for older 392 owners, especially.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depends on what year you're coming from. For pre-2015 cars, it's a nice balance of increased roll stiffness and reduced weight.

Of course, if they're expensive, then aftermarket will make more sense. Just waiting to see what dealers will charge for them.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Has anybody seen the OEM Scat Pack Widebody sway bars pop up for sale via Mopar dealers or elsewhere? The SRT engineers speak highly of them as an OEM upgrade for older 392 owners, especially.

Got a link? I'd like to read about what makes them a good upgrade. Thanks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I recommend upgrading to Hotchkis' sway bar setup. It comes with 38mm solid bar for the front and a 22mm hollow bar for the rear. The cost is between $400 - $450. This setup, along with a set of Hotchkis springs works really well for my 2013 SRT Challenger. The handling is drastically improved and the stance looks great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I recommend upgrading to Hotchkis' sway bar setup. It comes with 38mm solid bar for the front and a 22mm hollow bar for the rear. The cost is between $400 - $450. This setup, along with a set of Hotchkis springs works really well for my 2013 SRT Challenger. The handling is drastically improved and the stance looks great.
I've used Hotchkis bars before on two different cars. They were fine and I'm not opposed to them, but I'd rather stick to Mopar parts wherever possible.

I'm also stuck with stock height. I cannot go any lower, not even 1/4". My driveway apron is too steep and it's on an easement so I don't have the power to get it re-graded.

·
Super Moderator
15,385 Posts
Front is hollow and rear is solid for Hotchkis - had this on my first Challenger

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I too would like to know more about upgrading to the 2019 Widebody 392 suspension. I actually sent an email to FCA and Mopar a week or so back asking about upgrade parts, but I haven't got a response yet.

I would like a flatter front end with less roll, to help change direction in the slaloms, while keeping a (Relatively) softer rear end to put the power down. I don't mind a bit of front end push. It helps with stability and I can adjust my driving style for it. Meanwhile I'd be able to keep my stock height for daily driving. For me the factory engineered solution here makes a lot of sense.

·
Vendor
12,268 Posts
I too would like to know more about upgrading to the 2019 Widebody 392 suspension. I actually sent an email to FCA and Mopar a week or so back asking about upgrade parts, but I haven't got a response yet.

I would like a flatter front end with less roll, to help change direction in the slaloms, while keeping a (Relatively) softer rear end to put the power down. I don't mind a bit of front end push. It helps with stability and I can adjust my driving style for it. Meanwhile I'd be able to keep my stock height for daily driving. For me the factory engineered solution here makes a lot of sense.
the front bar is new, posted it earlier and available

the rear bar is nothing new, been around since 2015

left front shock absorber 68391316AC & right 68391322AC both unpriced and unavailable

front springs, dont know until we have a valid vin number

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I've used Hotchkis bars before on two different cars. They were fine and I'm not opposed to them, but I'd rather stick to Mopar parts wherever possible.

I'm also stuck with stock height. I cannot go any lower, not even 1/4". My driveway apron is too steep and it's on an easement so I don't have the power to get it re-graded.
Have you talked to to a attorney on your rights on a easement? You own the property that the easemenet is on and should be able to do what you want to be able to exit your property safely.

·
Registered
3 Posts
the rear bar is nothing new, been around since 2015
Can a part number be provided based on a 2019 widebody scat pack vin? What other models came with 22mm hollow rear sway bar. With the forum research I’ve done Im thinking police car.
An older forum post says Part number 68184227AA is a 22mm hollow, but some sites say 16mm Police Package. If this is wrong why do people post wrong stuff?
Right know im thinking of upgrading to either new widebody scat 34/22 both hollow or the skinnybody 392 32/19 both hollow. I need these numbers because racecar

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,953 Posts
If you search by 2019 Scat Pack Widebody VIN#, you'll find 2 (or 3) bars listed, neither are unique to the 2019 Scat. They will show for 2015+ Scat, and other trims, so they are not the unique hollow bars supposedly found on the 2019 Scat Pack Widebody.

IE:

2C3CDZFJ8KH627327

2C3CDZFJ7KH651666

2C3CDZFJ6KH563661

2C3CDZFJ9KH694762

2C3CDZFJ8KH694560

A Guy

·
Vendor
12,268 Posts
Can a part number be provided based on a 2019 widebody scat pack vin? What other models came with 22mm hollow rear sway bar. With the forum research I’ve done Im thinking police car.
An older forum post says Part number 68184227AA is a 22mm hollow, but some sites say 16mm Police Package. If this is wrong why do people post wrong stuff?
Right know im thinking of upgrading to either new widebody scat 34/22 both hollow or the skinnybody 392 32/19 both hollow. I need these numbers because racecar
people post stuff all the time with little to no knowledge

·
Vendor
12,268 Posts
34mm front and 22mm rear, both hollow. They're the same thickness as the Hellcat bars, but lighter weight (the kitty's bars are solid).
and very heavy

1 - 20 of 105 Posts