Dodge Challenger Forum banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,385 Posts
I meant the stock widebody Mopar springs that would come with the car. Aren't they a bit stiffer?

I just assumed they wouldn't cause any problems with alignments but I don't know that for a fact. I'm with you, I don't want my car any lower and I like the idea of using Mopar parts if it does indeed enhance performance.
I thought about it - but...the SP WB springs are the higher rate spring of all the Challenger models (even more than Hellcats) and they have ADS shocks which has a more compliant setting in Street mode.

I didn't want a ride that would be harsh. As it stands the conventional Bilsteins ride like having ADS set on Sport - all the time.

Plus I'd have to pull apart the front suspension to change those springs out - I can do it, but having performance and a reasonable amount of comfort is priority for me.
-I've done day long drives up in the mountains vs. the the "all out" types that blast around for a couple of hours and put the car away until the next weekend.

For example - I've had friends that put H&R springs on various makes - I don't like the ride quality for a street driven vehicle. Its too much

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I thought about it - but...the SP WB springs are the higher rate spring of all the Challenger models (even more than Hellcats) and they have ADS shocks which has a more compliant setting in Street mode.

I didn't want a ride that would be harsh. As it stands the conventional Bilsteins ride like having ADS set on Sport - all the time.

Plus I'd have to pull apart the front suspension to change those springs out - I can do it, but having performance and a reasonable amount of comfort is priority for me.
-I've done day long drives up in the mountains vs. the the "all out" types that blast around for a couple of hours and put the car away until the next weekend.

For example - I've had friends that put H&R springs on various makes - I don't like the ride quality for a street driven vehicle. Its too much
End links were the same size? And did you go Oem for the bushings?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,385 Posts
End links were the same size? And did you go Oem for the bushings?

Thanks
the same end links are used - I got the bushings that are listed for those size of bars.

I wasn't going with aftermarket poly - as you would see in my prior posts, I didn't want to have to deal with the yearly maintenance of having to re-lube.

Been through that with the first Challenger - once I found out there was another (OEM) option for sway bars that used rubber bushings, that's the way I decided to go.

·
Super Moderator
15,385 Posts
Here's a follow up - I had the opportunity to get out on some back roads the weekend before last - we ended up on an 11 mile twisty road up to a park in the mountains that was closed (the road was a blast...)

The (front and rear bars) - the turn in for steering is immediate and no opposing body lean like the OEM parts my '16 had on it.

The rear bar now has the tendency to oversteer (stock was understeer) and you'll hear the rear tires start to slip so you know when you're reaching that limit.

Before you'd push through a turn, probably turn a bit more (due to understeer) then have the rear start to slide a bit all while you had some body roll kicking in.

Driving on roads (in town) if the lane is uneven between left / right sides of the vehicle, the rear bar is noticeably stiffer, but Scat Packs (with standard Bilsteins - not the ADS version) are firm riding characteristics.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Thats great feedback Hal!

Im definitely looking at this upgrade (front for now seeing how much if a pain the rear is, ill do the cradle bushings while im at it)

Poly bushings may not be your thing, but I definitely have my eyes open to some options

101 - 105 of 105 Posts