Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger 392 Shaker
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Boredom killed me further this week and wanted to play around more with exhaust. Already had mid muffler delete, now just got resonators deleted. Oh boy. It just rumbles a ton more. Much deeper also than just mid delete. Sounds amazing outside. However it does introduce some cabin noise finally - it should be noted its mostly rumbling at most speeds. Not like rattling like I was expecting. But I would like to quiet it ever so slightly.

Thought about Vibrant 1794s to put where mids were. Anyone have such a setup? I've seen Dynomax 24250 without resonators but nothing much else. I thought about the Dynomax too but not sure they'd do much being pretty short (I had them once as a mid muffler swap). I don't want to lose the volume outside, just want to quiet the inside of some of that bass and tone the straight pipe noise.

Others also consideration:
-Single Chambered Mufflers (Thrush Rattler/Cherry Bomb M80). I know Chambered would be a bit different but also introduce that classic noise. Had M80s on my 5.7L RT.
-Cherry Bomb Glasspacks 12" or longer.
-SLP LM1 or LM2 don't know too much on em

Any other thoughts welcome. I wanted to go down a more unique path like I did with my R/T, plus what else to do for fun in Quarantine.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger 392 Shaker
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And I'll add I have a 91 octane tune w/ MDS off, so that is not a concern for me.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Man I'll bet that baby thumps down the road. I'm putting 2 extra Vibrant 1142's in-line because of the drone (to me) on my 2019 R/T Shaker 5.7 / 6 speed. I've heard sound clips, seems to work pretty good. I just need it to dampen the sound a little.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Just a follow up. Had the Vibrant 1142 (3") resonators installed. Perfect!!! Now 75MPH sounds like 60MPH. No drone, to me. Bad left ear, 1 octave off, drove me nuts. Start up's are perfect and she idles down to a nice deep rumble. You can still hear when the active exhaust opens up. It now sounds like B body big block with HEMI turbo mufflers on it from back in the day. Color me Happy!!!😀

·
Registered
337 Posts
Just a follow up. Had the Vibrant 1142 (3") resonators installed. Perfect!!! Now 75MPH sounds like 60MPH. No drone, to me. Bad left ear, 1 octave off, drove me nuts. Start up's are perfect and she idles down to a nice deep rumble. You can still hear when the active exhaust opens up. It now sounds like B body big block with HEMI turbo mufflers on it from back in the day. Color me Happy!!!
So you removed the Mid’s and the resonators having straight pipe correct? If so did you kept it like that? And did you installed the vibrant resonators at the mid or at the end?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
418 Posts
No I added the Vibrant 1142's to the exhaust. Kept the mid mufflers and resonators. Sounds awesome to me now.

·
Registered
337 Posts
No I added the Vibrant 1142's to the exhaust. Kept the mid mufflers and resonators. Sounds awesome to me now.
So you kept the mid mufflers, removed the stock resonators and replace them the vibrant

·
Registered
418 Posts
No........I added the 1142's in line (one on each side) with the mid mufflers and left the rear resonators as they left from Dodge. I now have 3 types of sound reducers on each side of the dual exhaust.

·
Registered
337 Posts
No........I added the 1142's in line (one on each side) with the mid mufflers and left the rear resonators as they left from Dodge. I now have 3 types of sound reducers on each side of the dual exhaust.
So you have a total of 3 mufflers/resonators on each side a total of 6?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts