Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, does anyone know if the scat packs will be sold as upgrade packages for a bought car, or will they only ever be ordered with the car from the factory? Just bought a 14 blacktop, and scat packages werent available yet. But definitely would love to get one for my car in the future if the possibility was there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
There are a few threads out there on this forum about this but they will be offered as a post purchase item through MOPAR.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Wouldn't hold my breath for any quick release. Would be a whole lot cheaper and more effective to spend your money on aftermarket parts that are already out there and proven. Then, uy a decal and stick it in your window and no one will know the difference, except your wallet. JMHO

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Wouldn't hold my breath for any quick release. Would be a whole lot cheaper and more effective to spend your money on aftermarket parts that are already out there and proven. Then, uy a decal and stick it in your window and no one will know the difference, except your wallet. JMHO
He's telling it the way it is! I just spoke with the parts and service departments at my Dealership - they said probably June would be the earliest. In addition you could get it done at a speed shop with aftermarket for about 40% less!!! That's what I've been looking into myself.

Reactions: Palerider15

·
Registered
114 Posts
Correct me if i'm wrong. If you were to purchase trough Mopar Scat Pack packages and have a dealer install your warranty would still be intact.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Correct me if i'm wrong. If you were to purchase trough Mopar Scat Pack packages and have a dealer install your warranty would still be intact.
I must admit - I forgot to ask, but I'm about 98% sure they would not be selling and installing if it voided the warranty. That would be somewhat of a conflict of interest so to speak.

·
Vendor
12,553 Posts
not sure about that, strong possibility the parts will be sold as P numbers, in other words no warranty, same as the stage one springs, P5155436, p signifies a performance part without any warranty implied or otherwise,
Luke

NOTICE
Federal and many state laws prohibit the removal, modification or rendering inoperative
of any part or element of design affecting emissions or safety on motor vehicles used for
transporting persons or property on a public street or highway. Violation may result in a
fine of up to $32,500 per vehicle. Mechanical and/or electronic performance parts listed
in this catalog with a “1” cannot be used on vehicles used on public streets or highways.
These parts may be used only on vehicles used solely in sanctioned off-highway events. No other applications
are intended or implied. Those parts that have been granted an exemption by the California Air Resources Board
(CARB) or meet the EPA requirements of memorandum 1A are legal for highway use in California, New York, and
Massachusetts and are noted as such.

NO PARTS WARRANTY – “AS IS”
Mopar Performance parts beginning with a “P” prefix are sold “as is” unless otherwise noted. This means that
parts sold by Mopar Performance carry no warranty whatsoever. Implied warranties, such as warranties of merchantability,
are excluded. (An implied warranty of merchantability means that the part is reasonably fit for the
general purpose for which it was sold). The entire risk as to quality and performance of such parts is with the
buyer. Should such parts prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor

or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair. Chrysler, Jeep
® , Dodge and Ram vehicle

and parts warranties are voided if the vehicle or parts are used for competition. The addition of performance parts
does not by itself void a vehicle’s warranty. However, added performance parts (parts not originally supplied on
the vehicle from the factory) are not covered by the vehicle’s warranty, and any failure that they may cause is also

not covered by the vehicle’s warranty.

·
Vendor
12,553 Posts
the reason i believe some or most of these parts will be sold as p numbers is because the lawyers and bean counters are going to nixed it, for one the installation of any performance parts cannot alter the emission levels of the vehicle and since increasing performance levels may also affect reliability, the bean counters are going to kill it from being sold with warranty......

Luke

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
the reason i believe some or most of these parts will be sold as p numbers is because the lawyers and bean counters are going to nixed it, for one the installation of any performance parts cannot alter the emission levels of the vehicle and since increasing performance levels may also affect reliability, the bean counters are going to kill it from being sold with warranty......

Luke
Good point Luke - that really does sound more like the reality of it all - "unfortunately"!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts