Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting a fully loaded Scat Shaker (used 17,000 miles) or a brand new Scat fully loaded with no Driver Group (blind spot) but they are throwing in a remote start on them. Which one would you go after? The Shaker is $1,000 cheaper. Both 2016s.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Looking at getting a fully loaded Scat Shaker (used 17,000 miles) or a brand new Scat fully loaded with no Driver Group (blind spot) but they are throwing in a remote start on them. Which one would you go after? The Shaker is $1,000 cheaper. Both 2016s.
I would always buy new vs. used especially if the price are relatively the same. Remember the used one has already exhausted almost half of the warranty miles. In my opinion it's a no-brainer go with the new one..

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I agree. Between the 2 go with the new. The only difference is the shaker and unless you REALLY had your heart set on a shaker your better off new with full warranty.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,230 Posts
Agree with above comments, but would also add:

Trade the remote start for the Drivers Convenience, if you can. These cars really do have major blind spots, and I use the proximity warning multiple times each and every time I drive mine.

·
Registered
39 Posts

Trade the remote start for the Drivers Convenience, if you can. These cars really do have major blind spots, and I use the proximity warning multiple times each and every time I drive mine.
+1. Blind spot protection is vital with the Challenger. I drove a rental without it and it was scary.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can they put a blind spot on instead of remote starter? That is one reason I was leaning toward the Shaker because it has all that.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Can they put a blind spot on instead of remote starter? That is one reason I was leaning toward the Shaker because it has all that.
My understanding from another post is that it would be very expensive (much more then factory cost) after the fact!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm actually not too worried about blind spot. I don't drive Interstate a lot and I put my mirrors way out! Haha. I live in Ohio with no garage so a remote start is huge for cold/snowy mornings.

But again, that is semi why I was leaning toward the Shaker (even though it has 17,000 miles) be cause it has that stuff included. However, a new car that is only missing the blind spot for only $1,000 more on a 72 month loan is pulling me that way as well.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
694 Posts
I'd choose new. The other car has already depreciated further, so when you are done with it, it will be worth less.

I am not a big fan of Shakers anyway. I much prefer the T/A hood if I'm not going with the standard hood.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
It would choose the Shaker here, they are just so cool! Wish I had one...

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I'm biased towards the Shaker obviously. But for me, I wouldn't really feel comfortable driving a used car. The last two cars I've bought were brand new. On the other hand though, having it fully loaded is definitely a huge plus. The blind spot monitoring and the remote start are enough of a selling point for me.

It's a tough choice with pros and cons for both cars but it really comes down to what's best for you.

·
Registered
389 Posts
There's pros and cons with both. I think the shaker looks mighty cool from many angles and adds a unique touch to the Challenger. The biggest downside for me though is that you don't see the 6.4L engine as clearly when opening the engine bay cause all you see is the big black death star. Another downside is also that aftermarket mods, strut bars, superchargers, catch cans require a different setup many times and are less accessible once installed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Personally, I prefer the clean hood, but I get the draw of a shaker..... That being said, on a car with this engine, I'd prefer to know how the miles were driven on it... I would go new every time.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

I think you would use it a LOT in the city. But that is a great price for the new.......
17,000 miles is kind of a lot. I don't know why they would put technology in a Chally before drivers!

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
Assuming you sat in both cars and have a feel for what you're getting. No leather in the new Scat, right? That leather in the Shaker comes with ventilated seats, and would have been a deal breaker for me. I love 'em 'cause I live in Florida. Ha, come to think about it, I don't think I need any extra breeze blowing around here after Irma passed through earlier this week...

I found a number of 15 and 16 Shakers listing for 32 to 35 when I was shopping this summer. Typically you can expect to negotiate an additional 1k off the price of these used cars. So I'm wondering how you could purchase a new SP for that kind of money? All I can say is, Wow. However, it seems like somebody's charging a little too much for the Shaker. An OK deal, but there are better ones out there. However, that's an AMAZING deal on the new SP. You're saying the new 16 SP was 37 and the used 16 Shaker was 36? If that shaker was 34, I'd buy it. But at 36, the new one sounds like the better deal. However, how important might those leather ventilated seats be to you?

Check my references below.

Gary

ref for 2016 Shaker prices:
CLICKY HERE

ref for 2015 Shaker prices starting at 31k
CLICKY HERE

1 - 20 of 30 Posts