Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Planning to order one in a few weeks and I'm already looking at a bigger aftermarket rear spoiler and a few other dress up items. These cars already come pretty well set up for what I want to use it for so not many mods really needed for my use.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I've had my '19 SP Widebody since November, lots of little stuff so far:

Powerstop Z26 pads
CQuartz ceramic coat
Billet Tech catch can
Billet Tech "392" fuel door insert
Gorilla black lug nuts
Luxe reflector and side marker tint
3M 35% Window Tint
Passenger "Scat Pack" vent badge from Steve White
Weathertech floor mats
R/T grill badge removal
Dodge badge removal on trunk

Some crummy cell phone pics....have to do a proper photo shoot soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts

Powerstop Z26 pads
CQuartz ceramic coat
Billet Tech catch can
Gorilla black lug nuts
Weathertech floor mats
R/T grill badge removal

That's the color I plan to order on mine. I have already been looking at suspension/ handling upgrades such as the strut tower brace and bigger sway bars. I guess I'll have to wait until I actually get it first or you can send me yours.:wink3:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Foot print gas pedal....

Just kidding, that's a Joe Dirt reference the kids and I use.
I'm not doing a damn thing to that car til PIR opens and I can use a real track for test vs the fake track that has cops.
Tires and wheels are high on my list, drag and road course.

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
That's the color I plan to order on mine. I have already been looking at suspension/ handling upgrades such as the strut tower brace and bigger sway bars. I guess I'll have to wait until I actually get it first or you can send me yours.:wink3:
Are you aware the widebody option includes stiffer springs, retuned adaptive dampers, and larger anti-roll bars as part of the package? The strut braces are only going to be useful if you are doing some hardcore track driving. Engineers did their homework on this car. My '19 WB SP handles much much better than my '16 SP did.

7.62x51...Is your engine compartment clearcoated?? Just curious if they are on the widebody's
It's matte finish, same as my '16 was.

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
How much would it cost for a shot of clear coat in the engine compartment?

Come on FCA!

So guess still only Hellcats and Shakers have the clear coat under the hood.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
Are you aware the widebody option includes stiffer springs, retuned adaptive dampers, and larger anti-roll bars as part of the package? The strut braces are only going to be useful if you are doing some hardcore track driving. Engineers did their homework on this car. My '19 WB SP handles much much better than my '16 SP did.

I am aware that the widebodies have a better tuned suspension so I will have to drive it before I decide on any potential suspension upgrades. It probably won't need any for my driving style but you never know until you try. I still want some dress up items and possibly some performance upgrades but I need to get out this week and actually place the order. In the meantime I still like to do a lot of research to get the best bang for the buck in the original " as purchased " car. I will not be paying factory price for the strut tower brace that only goes to the firewall and not all the way across to the other tower but will probably ad an aftermarket one later.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Powerstop Z26 pads
CQuartz ceramic coat
Billet Tech catch can
Gorilla black lug nuts
Weathertech floor mats
R/T grill badge removal

Damn that ride looks nice.

I'm ordering the 1320 in Plum Crazy.

I like clean rides with very few Decals and Badging.

Near perfect.:bowdown:

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm ordering the 1320 because I want Straight-Line performance.

Is that Suspension package more for a road race-track type of racing?

I don't see it useful for me if I'm only using it for street driving and the 1320.

Thanks

·
Registered
324 Posts

I don't see it useful for me if I'm only using it for street driving and the 1320.

Thanks
I do believe the 3 position suspension is road course specific but I put the transmission in track mode and the suspension in street mode for straight line activities.

I haven't checked but I would not be surprised if the 1320 doesn't have a "drag mode" that does the same.

·
Registered
332 Posts

Thanks

Correct, the widebody package suspension is setup with a road course/handling in mind. The cars are approx 2 seconds per lap faster than the standard Scat Pack on the test track Dodge used. If you are dragging the car and don't care about improved handling, the drag radials that come on the 1320 will be much more useful to you.

I know of one 19 Widebody SP in particular that the owner installed a set of drag radials on and ran an 11.8 @ 114 out of the box. These cars can boogie with some grippy rubber on them and the radials/trans brake combo on the 1320 are great out of the box options for drag focused drivers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Correct, the widebody package suspension is setup with a road course/handling in mind. The cars are approx 2 seconds per lap faster than the standard Scat Pack on the test track Dodge used. If you are dragging the car and don't care about improved handling, the drag radials that come on the 1320 will be much more useful to you.

I know of one 19 Widebody SP in particular that the owner installed a set of drag radials on and ran an 11.8 @ 114 out of the box. These cars can boogie with some grippy rubber on them and the radials/trans brake combo on the 1320 are great out of the box options for drag focused drivers.
Thanks.

I don't care about Road-Course handling one bit.

I will drive this car 95% Street and bring it to the 1/4 mile track a few times a year.

I have a Corvette Z06 if I want to go to a road-course type track. :icon_aetsch:

Automatic, transbrake, consistent high 11's car is what I'm looking for. Want minimum weight (but getting the Seats), minimum decals, and keep the pricing down.

Any color is fine as long as it's Plum Crazy! :wiggle:

This car will be a toy that sits in the garage most of the time. I have other Daily Drivers.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
My 19 SP Widebody was delivered the day before Thanksgiving. It’s Pitch Black. I did the mid muffler delete. Powder coated my wheels triple bronze. Airride is on order. Speedlogix catch can. Tinted windows.

I’m going to be adding the Viper ACR Stripes. Adding the Z26 brake pads

·
Registered
120 Posts
My car should be arriving soon but Ive already decided zero mods. Ive done the new car/mods thing a few times and the longer Ive kept that particular car the more I regretted mods. This one will stay factory original.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,764 Posts

A Guy >:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts