Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
My car should be arriving soon but Ive already decided zero mods. Ive done the new car/mods thing a few times and the longer Ive kept that particular car the more I regretted mods. This one will stay factory original.
But maybe a cold air intake, and strut braces. Just little things. Then maybe dedicated track tires/wheels....but then you gotta have suspension upgrades to go with them....while you're at it might as well upgrade the brakes, right? But now you have all this extra grip and capability, time for more power! Supercharger, turbos.

Then you'll wake up one day and notice you accidentally turned your daily driver into a race car, and you'll have to start from scratch again.

·
Registered
120 Posts
But maybe a cold air intake, and strut braces. Just little things. Then maybe dedicated track tires/wheels....but then you gotta have suspension upgrades to go with them....while you're at it might as well upgrade the brakes, right? But now you have all this extra grip and capability, time for more power! Supercharger, turbos.

Then you'll wake up one day and notice you accidentally turned your daily driver into a race car, and you'll have to start from scratch again.

You hang onto it a few years and yours is the only one left without some cheesy intake or whatever. Nah, its staying stock. Besides, if I was going racing for real I wouldn't have ordered my SP WB and built an old Nova or Duster instead. Each to their own.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Favor from any MY19 WB SP owners - can you tell me how the airbox is fed on yours? Is it through the grille/headlamp opening?

I assumed they'd use the 'aircatcher' headlamp but I noticed my airbox is completely closed off from the engine bay and headlamp - air is fed upward from the left front brake cooling duct. Hadn't seen that before but have only ever seen Hellcats widebodies, not a SP.

Thanks!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Favor from any MY19 WB SP owners - can you tell me how the airbox is fed on yours? Is it through the grille/headlamp opening?

I assumed they'd use the 'aircatcher' headlamp but I noticed my airbox is completely closed off from the engine bay and headlamp - air is fed upward from the left front brake cooling duct. Hadn't seen that before but have only ever seen Hellcats widebodies, not a SP.

Thanks!
The stock airbox in my '12 3.6 charger also uses a fender draw. I think it is pretty standard on chargers and challengers at least. The stock SP or SPWB uses the fender draw. only. You can swap it out with the hellcat lower airbox and headlight tube to use the "aircatcher" ram air as well. The whole mod is less than a $100 and you can add in the hellcat higher flowing air filter for the full effect.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Thanks!
Mine feeds through the headlamp after I added the Hellcat lower airbox and tube.

·
Registered
85 Posts

Thanks!
The stock box draws from the fender only. The flow through lights are there but are capped off. On my 19, I added a K&N air filter, and Hellcat base, removed the cap, so now it draws like from the light and fender.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
You hang onto it a few years and yours is the only one left without some cheesy intake or whatever. Nah, its staying stock. Besides, if I was going racing for real I wouldn't have ordered my SP WB and built an old Nova or Duster instead. Each to their own.
Why bother with the Duster or Noooo, I can't even say it, shivy crap when you could buy a 1320?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts