1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Road Racing fans,

//
Seems Cameron is trying to work a future with IMSA series; so no Dodge Challenger for him this season; Viper or BMW it seems....
Lawrence: ?It Was a Good Opportunity to Do Some Laps? - Sportscar365

//
New Groups created in Trans Am, TA4 and TA5
http://gotransam.com/news/index.cfm?cid=64224

//
On the other hand, the DODGE CHALLENGER will be driven by former Camaro driver Adam Andretti
http://gotransam.com/news/index.cfm?cid=64322
he is a really cool guy I met last year, super friendly, aggressive driver with lots of skills and fierce race temper;
TA2
Adam Andretti, Brownsburg, Ind.
ECC / Anchor Bolt & Screw
Dodge Challenger
http://gotransam.com/news/index.cfm?cid=64428

//
I have connected on the track over the summer last year with Corvette driver Vincent Allegretta;
I will join his pit crew team in the Trans Am series races in the North East and will get a chance to experience hands on car prep, race time and possibly be the "go fur" to help these guys out; if I can just observe and help for 2 to 3 races I would a F&*&^% privilege....let me tell you....
He will be there next week end March 4th for the race;
TA1
Vincent Allegretta, Hampton Bays, N.Y.
TA Sights&Sounds / VA Electrical
Chevrolet Corvette
The Sebring race will be live on CBS; Vincent won the SCCA majors at Sebring about 3 weeks ago
Vincent Allegretta joins with Tony Ave Racing for 2016

//
Finally, I decided to move at the end of this year to Mooresville, NC near Charlotte to attend the UTI NASCAR School if I can make the cut there; I enrolled for the following 1.5 year program so I can become also ASE certified and open my own shop and/or race
These are the following programs I enrolled in:
NASCAR Engines I
NASCAR Engines II
NASCAR Chassis Applications
NASCAR Fabrication I – Finish Fabrication
NASCAR Fabrication II - Chassis Fabrication
NASCAR Fabrication III – Advanced Fabrication & Aerodynamics

UTI has also Dodge Challenger TA2 in Trans Am; so I want to be their driver...one can always dream....lol

ODP

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
I really wish they would upload the races to youtube or show them on CBS Sports

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really wish they would upload the races to youtube or show them on CBS Sports
yes i guess the multi year contract did not happen; could not find news feed on the contract ending but it is here to be witnessed; it seems they had also to open up to TA4 and TA5 to broaden the entries and possibly increase revenues to remain cash flow positive

NASCAR, Indy lured CBS and ABC; now Trans Am is as dark as NASA AIX series
Great series but the drivers, the cars are not bringing the mainstream population into following these series so it seems at least

if the above holds true they might want to outsource video broadcast and do it via live event portals and feeds via social media networks; they are ways to get it done but t needs a team, payroll and capex money to invest which assume you have cash or sound enough one might let you get some debt to finance the initiative

it is a shame, because the race clubs are PACKED and HPDE groups get booked up more and more and more so the interest for Road Racing is here

in a world where everyone is starving for content, it is a shame a race series cannot find a way to broadcast; anyway I am not in the conf rooms at SCCA; may be they are working on something we don't know about

ODP

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good for you. Follow your passion. Life is short. You only live once. I'm really happy for you:)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I have to thank and present top Thumbs up for Luke @stevewhite and Paul @REM for spending nearly an hour each explaining their experience of the automotive industry; also spend some time with [email protected] Motorsports explaining his own path through the auto industry

UTI Nascar is marred with low reputation and I think i will gear away from it; the good thing is that I did not have the tuition money so I prevented myself from spending cash in non competitive training

the goal remain with a target to move to Charlotte, NC by end of this year and from there I will be able to expand my auto engineering/building skills, set myself to execute the plan.

#liveforyourpassionasyourlifedependsonit

ODP

·
Registered
309 Posts
NASCAR, Indy lured CBS and ABC; now Trans Am is as dark as NASA AIX series
Great series but the drivers, the cars are not bringing the mainstream population into following these series so it seems at least
That's a real shame, too, as Amy Ruman is the sort of driver that could really generate some great press.

it is a shame, because the race clubs are PACKED and HPDE groups get booked up more and more and more so the interest for Road Racing is here
Agreed - car counts in SCCA Majors have been pretty solid, and we're starting to see some sponsored mini-series' within them.

Are you with one of the Trans-Am teams? My company is a supplier to a LOT of SCCA teams and a couple of the top Trans-Am teams. I'm new to this site, so I'm wondering if I know you in the real world...?

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a real shame, too, as Amy Ruman is the sort of driver that could really generate some great press.

Agreed - car counts in SCCA Majors have been pretty solid, and we're starting to see some sponsored mini-series' within them.

Are you with one of the Trans-Am teams? My company is a supplier to a LOT of SCCA teams and a couple of the top Trans-Am teams. I'm new to this site, so I'm wondering if I know you in the real world...?

I was suppose to get together with one of the driver pit crew but my time is limited right now. I might join him later in June. He drives a corvette in ta. Right now I am not in any team and I am not even a team lol

Main goal for me is to put my hands on a cheap set of racing wheels and hone skills.

And move far away from NYC so i can be in a cheaper area and work on my car and prep for racing.

ODP

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SCCA Trans Am Road Racing Series & Oracing Updates

Cbs is now broadcasting the trans am series and that's awesome news for racing. #speedlogix is all over the TA2 challengers. That's great work! Go Speedlogix challengers!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts