Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
API SN, Meets and Exceeds Chrysler MS-12633.

Supreme 9000™ Full Synthetic 0W-40 engine oil provides extra protection during short haul driving conditions and is recommended for gasoline fueled automobile and light duty truck engines specifying Chrysler MS-12633.

Our fully synthetic 0W-40 is a multi-grade gasoline oil engineered with the finest quality of synthetic base oils, an advanced performance additive package and a viscosity index improver. This unique blend creates a premium, longer lasting oil that withstands a higher heat range than conventional oil. Using proprietary friction modifiers, Micron Moly® and Penetro®, Supreme 9000™ Full Synthetic 0W-40 quickly plates to metal surfaces, creating a slippery, tenacious shield that prevents metal-to-metal contact. By reducing friction and wear, Supreme 9000™ Full Synthetic 0W-40 protects critical engine parts and increases engine efficiency, engine life and fuel economy.

Supreme 9000™ Full Synthetic 0W-40 keeps engines exceptionally clean and free from oil residue and sludge, allowing the oil to flow freely and lubricate properly. For extra protection in cold weather, our 0W-40 full synthetic oil offers superior cold cranking and oil pumpability at low temperatures.

Supreme 9000™ Full Synthetic SAE 0W-40 meets the needs of Chrysler SRT engines, where Chrysler MS-12633 is specified. This specialty 0W-40 engine oil may be used in SRT engines originally recommending Chrysler MS-10725 and MS-10850.

Gonna start using this next spring !!!

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,909 Posts
Do you have a link to it and pricing. Went to the website and it didn't exactly jump out at me.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,622 Posts

A Guy

Reactions: USponycar

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I have to be honest here. I've never given this company a look before. I know it's been around forever but has anyone ever used their products over a long period of time? How do they stack up against the big oil players?

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to be honest here. I've never given this company a look before. I know it's been around forever but has anyone ever used their products over a long period of time? How do they stack up against the big oil players?
There claim to fame is what it does, hence zero advertising dollars spent.

Seems folks need adds/commercials to PROVE it works.

From what I hear from the salesman's is the PICK where their products are sold.

Napa Auto Parts buys direct from them, so the price is at a better price point then other brands that the STORE BUYS from the Napa DC.

Hence why dealer parts are so high, too many people up-selling it before it gets to us.

Reactions: TheHorse13

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
There claim to fame is what it does, hence zero advertising dollars spent.

Seems folks need adds/commercials to PROVE it works.

From what I hear from the salesman's is the PICK where their products are sold.

Napa Auto Parts buys direct from them, so the price is at a better price point then other brands that the STORE BUYS from the Napa DC.

Hence why dealer parts are so high, too many people up-selling it before it gets to us.
Thanks for the info. I have a Napa down the street from where I live. I will give it a look when I'm down there next week.

Commercials are meaningless to me which is why I asked about it here. ;)

·
Registered
932 Posts
They are probably near, if not THE, top in terms of absolute product quality, right up there with Redline. Whether or not you would actually SEE the benefits of that last increment of formulation is a different question. How many passenger cars are sold because the engine is worn out due to mediocre oil these days? Just about none. They're sold because the owner gets tired of them, the car falls apart around the engine, or something else. It probably doesn't make financial sense for anyone except a truck owner/operator that is going to put a million miles on his engine in a short enough period of time that the rest of the truck won't fall apart... but its not that much money if it gives you more peace of mind, either. I actually run Redline 0w40 in my 392 just for that reason... a little paranoia about Hemi roller lifters from 2012 and wanting just a wee extra bit of margin, and at 6000-9000 miles between the oil life monitor going off, the extra $2.50/quart really not a significant fraction of the total cost of ownership at all. But I'm fully aware that the odds are in my favor if I were to just stick with Mobil 1 or Pennzoil Platinum.

·
Registered
392 SRT
32 Posts
I just mix a small can of Liquid Moly(one of the two Schaeffer's extra ingredients) from Autozone with my Mobile One every other oil change.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
$13. a qt. Close to Amsoil price. Defiantly has a good rep as does Amsoil. The Penzoil you can always get deals on where as the other two never run sales. I just can’t justify $13. a qt and replacing every 6 mos. I put approximately 1500 miles on it in 6 mos. oil looks new when I change it. I will continue to use the Penzoil with a SRT filter. Maybe if I got close to 5K in 6 mos I would switch? By the way my shop is a Amsoil and Royal Purple dealer.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,658 Posts
I just mix a small can of Liquid Moly(one of the two Schaeffer's extra ingredients) from Autozone with my Mobile One every other oil change.
Every other oil change? Do you think the engine lubrication is only suspect every other oil change? How do you know you are in sync with this?

This is just an example of how I'm sorry but silly owners can be regarding oil for the engine. The oil Dodge recommends is just fine for the engine.

If you believe you need to bolster Mobil 1 oil by some additive you are buying/using the wrong oil.

I put around 667K miles on various cars and their engines all running Mobil 1 0w-40 oil (which was approved for use by the automaker in all of these engines) and never had any engine problem. No engine manifested any signs of any wear. Mobil 1 0w-40 is a good oil (at least this was my info as of a couple of years ago I have not kept up on it since I no longer have a car that is spec'd to use it) and should need for nothing extra added to it.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,658 Posts
Buying boutique oil is just wasting money.

Boutique oils appear to thrive on the belief by some that the more one pays for the oil the better it is, unless of course it is the oil the factory recommends then it is just the factory working with the oil company to improve its bottom line by ripping off its customers.

I have driven nearly 1M miles (combined) in a number of vehicles with since 1988 -- when I started buying new vehicles with warranties rather than used vehicles -- and in every case used the oil recommended by the factory although I probably changed it more often than the factory called for -- and have never had an engine manifest any issues related to the oil used.

NO engine ever spun a bearing, ate a cam shaft, scored a cylinder, wore out its valve stem/guides, or manifested any sign it was not healthy from anywhere from 28K miles to 317K miles of use.

·
Registered
10,149 Posts
My cost at the dealer for the Pennz Ultra is $7.49/quart.

No way am I going to pay $13/quart, regardless of any claims made on "how much better" it is.

To each their own, but I'll stick with the Pennz Ultra. It does the job and is a quality oil.

Reactions: GSBrockman

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
It meets the recommended SN and MS-12633 specs so it's different most boutique oils like Amsoil that are not rated, with an SN rating you know it is safe to use in your engine no matter who makes it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,149 Posts
It meets the recommended SN and MS-12633 specs so it's different most boutique oils like Amsoil that are not rated, with an SN rating you know it is safe to use in your engine no matter who makes it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Hats off to them for actually meeting the spec, and not just printing page after page of why their oil exceeds the spec, with no actual certification, like Amzoil does.

Reactions: GSBrockman

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I stopped by my local Napa, and sure enough, they have a healthy supply of this oil on their shelf. A thick coating of dust covered all of the bottles and the boxes on the floor. I didn't realize that the price per quart was north of 13 dollars until I picked one up.

I asked the clerk if anyone buys this stuff and he quickly responded with, "That's one of a few decorations we have in here. Nobody buys it."

My curiosity is satisfied. Thanks to all who responded in this thread.

·
Registered
392 SRT
32 Posts
Every other oil change? Do you think the engine lubrication is only suspect every other oil change? How do you know you are in sync with this?

This is just an example of how I'm sorry but silly owners can be regarding oil for the engine. The oil Dodge recommends is just fine for the engine.

If you believe you need to bolster Mobil 1 oil by some additive you are buying/using the wrong oil.

I put around 667K miles on various cars and their engines all running Mobil 1 0w-40 oil (which was approved for use by the automaker in all of these engines) and never had any engine problem. No engine manifested any signs of any wear. Mobil 1 0w-40 is a good oil (at least this was my info as of a couple of years ago I have not kept up on it since I no longer have a car that is spec'd to use it) and should need for nothing extra added to it.
The Liquid Moly is just a little extra protection, friction reducer, at lot slippier than synthetic, it clings to and stays on the parts if you were to loose oil pressure, say something knocked a hole in your oil pan. But Mobil one by itself is just fine
in a perfect world.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mobil 1 oil is just over advertised oil. does not make it better then a company that does not...…………..

Reactions: Jazz Blue Scat
1 - 20 of 21 Posts