Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not the REAL engines of course, the 1/6 diecast model replicas!

Pretty interesting story too; I had been searching for these for some time now to add to my collection of Challenger merchandise and could only find them for $24-$35 and shipping to Canada was another $30!

So rather than paying $60-$70 I thought maybe I'll go driving around to Chrysler dealerships to see if they have any (because I remember seeing them at the local Chrysler dealership but that was a year or two ago).

Anyway, I get to the parts counter and no luck, but the guy says "Hey, I was in some store the other day and I remember seeing those diecast models!"

I ask him the store, he says "Liquidation World" I guess they buy crap from other stores that go under and are liquidated so they have a mix of EVERYTHING and ANYTHING.

I thank him and go check the store out.

He was mistaken... the models HE saw were some 426 Hemi kit where you have to build the model yourself. I'm definitely not interested in that...

I was discouraged, but remembered my mom mentioned something about there being another one of these stores on the other side of the city. I thought, "what the hell? more 'behind the wheel time' with the ol' Challenger" so off I went!

I get to the store and SURE ENOUGH, they have about 6 of the models I was looking for, and FOR ONLY $10 EACH!!! (so I bought 2... just in case :browsmiley:)

They also had a ton of these model Charger SRT8 SuperBee's that were un-painted (so you could paint them any model year colour you wanted) they had all the authentic decals and chrome rims and all that.

Anyway, pretty good day!

Here's a couple pics!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nice find. You should have bought them all and sold them on ebay

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Ok ironside, where did you get the Chally SRT Model? I've been looking for that to put on the shelf in the family room.

Guess I'm just a kid that way but I want a little model of my "Baby"!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok ironside, where did you get the Chally SRT Model? I've been looking for that to put on the shelf in the family room.

Guess I'm just a kid that way but I want a little model of my "Baby"!
That Challenger is a 1:24 scale diecast from the Chrysler dealership made by "Maisto" it can be found all over the Internet for fairly cheap and is a decent model.

If you want the "REAL DEAL" and I mean a diecast you can be PROUD to own, you should get the "Highway 61" Challenger SRT-8 in Hemi Orange that is 1:18 scale. It is MUCH bigger and WAY more detailed!

I had been searching for it for a MONTH and there are literally NONE left ANYWHERE because they were discontinued long ago and are sold out EVERYWHERE!

Luckily, a website based out of Quebec Canada has TWO left! If you miss this chance you will lose out FOREVER since there are just no more left.

By the way, I ordered 1 of the last 2 he had, it will be delivered this Friday so he has only ONE LEFT! I will post pics when it arrives.

Here is the link to your last chance at having an exact replica of your baby:

http://www.nicecardiecast.com/Search.aspx?search=Challenger

It's on page three I think... says "Dodge Challenger SRT8 2008" for $99.95

·
Registered
249 Posts
Nice find Ironside...U mind telling me where u got the SRT4
(skittle) models from (if still available) ?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice find Ironside...U mind telling me where u got the SRT4
(skittle) models from (if still available) ?
Ya know? I can't even really remember! I bought those when I bought my SRT-4 brand new (which was in 2004)! I WANNA say the dealership was selling them.

They're the same brand and scale as the orange Challenger in the above picture ("Maisto" 1:24 scale)

You may be able to find one floating around EBay, they only came in red and yellow though (even though my SRT-4 was black) but they were cheap ($20 I think?) so I bought both.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts