Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 7 inch scratch on passenger door from one of those poles at the bank drive in. Second time in 40 years I've damaged a car. Cost; remove and inspect
R belt molding, R handle, R trim panel, bumper cover, roof molding, repair scratch -----$766.00 WOW All for a 7 inch scratch !

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Guess who is going to be parking in the back forty and walking into the bank from now on ..............

All kidding aside I feel for you as my heart hit the floor when I read your post. Now why didn't those damn poles just move out of the way when your chariot roared its engines :disgust:

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
I feel your pain.. Not quite as bad but still.... Here's my luck so far..

Day 2 of ownership.. I take my T.O. Beast out for Easter to my mothers hubbie's parents house. A squirrel jumped out of a tree, landed on my trunk, slid around, desperately pawed to try to get traction and left a bunch of small paw sized scratches and one big long scratch along the spoiler as he slid off the trunk.

Fortunately they are shallow and will compound out..

Then... I drop my owners card behind the glove box. So, rather than pulling the car out of the garage I open the door and put foam between the door and the block wall so it would get scratched. It got scratched anyway... I wanted to call up Mike Tyson and have him kick my ass for being so stupid.. T.O. Touch Up to the rescue...

Then... Just this past week I am driving on the highway and I never get near Semi's. So I am coming up on a semi in the slow lane, I move to the fast lane to pass but some moron woman on her cell phone is matching the speed of the semi and won't move. Before I could drop back to the slow lane a 2" rock flies straight at my window and put a scratch in it (not a chip) that can not be repaired...

There isn't anyone more anal about his cars that I am... And it just tears me a new one when stuff like this happens! So yes, I feel your pain!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
$766 sounds cheap to me....

i scuffed the underside of the front spoiler w/ 150 miles on the car....and did it a 2nd time at 900 miles...now when i have a barrier in front of the car i stop 3' behind it

i feel your pain

·
Registered
287 Posts
well, guys... I feel like part of the club now. I have a half dollor sized ding and scratch on the right front fender - odometer reading at time of incident: 37

haven't dealt with the thought of the repair yet...

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I feel your pain.. Not quite as bad but still.... Here's my luck so far..

Day 2 of ownership.. I take my T.O. Beast out for Easter to my mothers hubbie's parents house. A squirrel jumped out of a tree, landed on my trunk, slid around, desperately pawed to try to get traction and left a bunch of small paw sized scratches and one big long scratch along the spoiler as he slid off the trunk.

Fortunately they are shallow and will compound out..

Then... I drop my owners card behind the glove box. So, rather than pulling the car out of the garage I open the door and put foam between the door and the block wall so it would get scratched. It got scratched anyway... I wanted to call up Mike Tyson and have him kick my ass for being so stupid.. T.O. Touch Up to the rescue...

Then... Just this past week I am driving on the highway and I never get near Semi's. So I am coming up on a semi in the slow lane, I move to the fast lane to pass but some moron woman on her cell phone is matching the speed of the semi and won't move. Before I could drop back to the slow lane a 2" rock flies straight at my window and put a scratch in it (not a chip) that can not be repaired...

There isn't anyone more anal about his cars that I am... And it just tears me a new one when stuff like this happens! So yes, I feel your pain!
Thanks I feel better now

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
I am glad my misfortune and sometimes stupidity can cheer someone else up that's going through the same thing.. :)

Huggy, who cares about the underside of the chin spoiler, no one can see that! :D

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
As I posted on here before, curbed my right rear wheel going around a turn, not even trying to park it! Some self repair with ball peen hammer and a dremel tool, I've finally gotten over it. Won't be able to totally repair it until I get the tire off, but it looks 90% better than it did.

That first #%@^^(%$ is a traumatic event.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As I posted on here before, curbed my right rear wheel going around a turn, not even trying to park it! Some self repair with ball peen hammer and a dremel tool, I've finally gotten over it. Won't be able to totally repair it until I get the tire off, but it looks 90% better than it did.

That first #%@^^(%$ is a traumatic event.
You said it brother on the first traumatic event. Now I can relax. . . not really

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.