Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up the car yesterday from the dealer. Today I hooked up the iPhone 4S through Bluetooth to the N730 Uconnect. Well it automatically loaded all my address book contacts. After that I was going through the menus and the screen froze on the music, videos, address selection screen.

Well now the screen won't turn off or do anything. Shut the car off and locked it up, went inside. I'm hoping it will shut off sometime and not run the battery down. All the threads I read here says it will eventually shut down. So I'll go check in an hour. Other than that I love the car, still breaking her in.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I had the same problem the first week I purchased my car...was streaming music from my iphone and when I turned off the car the screen was still on. I waited in the car for a few minutes and it was still on. I went inside the house for a few minutes and when I came back out it had turned off. It was wired because the screen was completely frozen and the touchscreen did not react to any of the commands. Hasn't happened since then though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same problem the first week I purchased my car...was streaming music from my iphone and when I turned off the car the screen was still on. I waited in the car for a few minutes and it was still on. I went inside the house for a few minutes and when I came back out it had turned off. It was wired because the screen was completely frozen and the touchscreen did not react to any of the commands. Hasn't happened since then though.
Well that's good to hear, hopefully that will be the case. I'm thinking all the phone numbers added may have slowed it down and that it just needs to reboot. If worst comes to worst and it doesn't shut down, is it ok to disconnect the battery or will that cause a whole other set of problems with the computer?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Start the car and then shut it off...I'm not sure what settings would be lost by disconnecting the battery but at this point if the screen is still on I would definitely do so. Has it turned off yet? I also remember that when that happened to me the music in my iphone went whacko and kept playing the same set of songs over and over and it would not play my other music. I had to re-sync the music in my phone to fix it. I have now just transferred all of my music to the hard drive in the car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Start the car and then shut it off...I'm not sure what settings would be lost by disconnecting the battery but at this point if the screen is still on I would definitely do so. Has it turned off yet? I also remember that when that happened to me the music in my iphone went whacko and kept playing the same set of songs over and over and it would not play my other music. I had to re-sync the music in my phone to fix it. I have now just transferred all of my music to the hard drive in the car.
Well I came out to my car 2 hours later and all is well, the screen was off, started the car and everything seems to work just fine, I was a little scared but everything is good. Thanks for the quick response!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 Dodge Journey R/T with an 8.4 Uconnect. After pairing an iphone to the system the touch screen now doesn't work. I can use my voice commands and hard buttons to get to things but can't use the touch screen for anything. I disconnected the battery and that didn't change anything. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Is there a fuse for the touch screen?

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
How long did you leave the battery disconnected? I would give it at least 15 minutes to let any power in the radio to drain out. Pulling a fuse for the touch screen(if there is one), will do the same as disconnecting the battery.

Check to see if there is a way to reset the radio also. Like pressing an icon in the upper right and holding it, for instance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just picked up the car yesterday from the dealer. Today I hooked up the iPhone 4S through Bluetooth to the N730 Uconnect. Well it automatically loaded all my address book contacts. After that I was going through the menus and the screen froze on the music, videos, address selection screen.

Well now the screen won't turn off or do anything. Shut the car off and locked it up, went inside. I'm hoping it will shut off sometime and not run the battery down. All the threads I read here says it will eventually shut down. So I'll go check in an hour. Other than that I love the car, still breaking her in.
I have a 2019 Dodge Challenger r/t and the backup camera stayed on while driving the entire drive home then turned blue when I shut car off. I waited a 20 min and still on and blue. Wtf dodge seriously

·
Premium Member
1,642 Posts
I have a 2019 Dodge Challenger r/t and the backup camera stayed on while driving the entire drive home then turned blue when I shut car off. I waited a 20 min and still on and blue. Wtf dodge seriously
I'm sorry this happened in your car! Are you currently working with an authorized dealer for further diagnosis? If you need help with anything, feel welcome to PM us and we'd be glad to check into your concerns.

Steph
DodgeCares

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2017 Dodge Challenger has a 5.0 radio in it. The screen has frozen and will not let me listen to the radio, call someone, listen to my iPhone music. What can I do to fix this?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Remove the fuse and back in again is what worked for me. It’s located in the trunk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,803 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,642 Posts
My 2017 Dodge Challenger has a 5.0 radio in it. The screen has frozen and will not let me listen to the radio, call someone, listen to my iPhone music. What can I do to fix this?
Hi JamesR, I do apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with your Infotainment Screen. If you are not able to remedy this concern with the advice provided here, I kindly recommend connecting with your local Dodge dealer. If you are in need of any assistance with that process, our team is available via private message.
Rob
DodgeCares

1 - 13 of 13 Posts