Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm beating a dead horse here asking this question but does anyone have or know of a front plate holder for the Chally that doesn't cut into the car? Want to order one for my 392 and they're required here in Jersey.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Yep I right there with you brother, I need the same thing, same story in Alaska,

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
OPP gave me a ticket for plate along with one for 149 kph. So this is what I did so as not to drill the front.
I used a heavy duty tie with a rubber sleeve slid over to protect where I wrap it around the lower grill intake.
It's the original plate holder upside down . Used some door insulation behind to prevent movement.
It's lasted almost 2 years now no problems.

Reactions: pdx.challenger

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OPP gave me a ticket for plate along with one for 149 kph. So this is what I did so as not to drill the front.
I used a heavy duty tie with a rubber sleeve slid over to protect where I wrap it around the lower grill intake.
It's lasted almost 2 years now no problems.

You are my hero!!
Any special holder or does any work just fine?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I got stopped twice on the same trip to Amarillo, TX (BECAUSE) it was a Challenger! The second cop (riding shotgun) was all over the right hand side of it admiring it. Meanwhile a dozen Vettes, Stangs, Mercedes, etc. go by and they never gave them a look. Believe me, they always want an opportunity to stop us.

I modified an Eclipse bracket that I flipped over. It sticks out just beyond the front spoiler and doesn't touch a thing. I don't want marring of the plastic pieces. I will post picks of it from the underside.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's the original upside down. :)
Thanks so much. I will ask the dealer to just keep the front holder on the side for me. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Search the words license plates.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guess you Camaro guys ain't so bad lol.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Thanks for the pictures.

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
For a more permanent mount, use 6" toggle bolts instead of plastic zip ties. Cover the threads with slit rubber tubing to prevent chafing.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts

·
Registered
2012 R/T Classic
769 Posts
"The Ontario Provincial Police don't think much of Bud. Yeah, the cops have been lookin for the sun-of-a-gun that's been rippin' the tar off the 401 ..." (This is for you Daddy Kool).

·
Registered
417 Posts
I saw some people with what looked like magnetically mounted ones at Lonestar Moparfest a couple of weeks ago (at least they seemed to just reach down and pop them off for the show), not a concern for me we don't have front plates in Louisiana.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts