Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I want to remove the Bold Challenger badge and put the Script emblem on my Grille. I've seen many on here.
The question is, how strong does it stick to the honeycomb grille?

My car is a daily driver and I don't want it falling off.

Another thought. I wonder if it will do any long term damage to the grille? - Like the glue removing paint from the grille etc..

Post some pics of your grille with the script logo :)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Had one on my 09 R/T grill. Lasted over a year before I traded the car in. No worries.. just do it

Sorry - no pics.. car's gone

Mike

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I moved my stock to the original side from the 70's then took it off completely. I still would like to put a script on to remind me of the days when I was young. I wouldn't worry about it sticking. And, if it every fell off and did take some paint, the grille will be so chipped from bugs and stones, a squirt of black will fix it up nicely. Right now I have nothing and it looks kind of mean. Was at a show last night and people were asking me what kind of car it was. Must be those GM people. :)

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
it sticks on great. just make sure the grille area is clean before sticking it on. since hte grille is slightly "curved" you will noticed the "e" and "r" at the end of "challenger" will kind of come undone and may not entire stick on there the the rest of the badge WILL stay on and it is securely on there, it's great double sided tape and it looks great. DO NOT buy the ones off late model restorations site just becuase they WILL peel after a few car washes. they're metal. buy the factory plastic ones from your local dealer. it's expensive, 44 bucks, but i think it's worth it. just tell them you want the challenger script badge for the front fender of an r/t classic and they can look it up.

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
I have an original 70's grille emblem so I used the speed nuts on the pegs to mount it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Took the modern Challenger logo off my grill and bought a Challenger script which stuck on the grill from ebay. Think if I recall spent about 33 dollars for it. Have had it on the grill about a month no problems with it coming off. I like the look of the classic Challenger script better than the modern Challenger grill badge.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I had some SE letters on the grill with 3M and they where on for over 18 months before I took them off...they where still stuck on very well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts