Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must be the most patient guy !!. We now hope to fit my new boxed Edelbrock Super Charger kit (P/N 1535)
this has been at home in its box for over 3 years, into my 392 (2013/14) due to personal issues wife being poorly with
multiple Sclerosis and myself getting old !! its got to be done now !!
My request is, my SCT X4 tuner has been installed with the Edelbrock custom tune. Before i start to take apart the car to fit the Super Charger ,do I programme the ECU first and then continue with the Super Charger build once all fitted
then start the vehicle ?? excuse my ignorance
I am aware that the Edelbrock custom tune supplied will get me running so that it can be driven on the road
and then my intention is to purchase OST Dyno custom email tune
be pleased with any idea`s

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,515 Posts
Sell the edelbrock, buy a Whipple from OST, have them install and tune it!

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,019 Posts
With my magnuson (same supercharger but obvious a different kit) we inStalled and then did the tune update.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,515 Posts
Oh wait I just noticed you are in the U.K., sorry ignore my previous comment

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With my magnuson (same supercharger but obvious a different kit) we inStalled and then did the tune update.
Thanks john for your your reply yes we will take apart then putb the Custom tune in the ECU

Oh wait I just noticed you are in the U.K., sorry ignore my previous comment
Dear Frank no problem, I went for the Edelbrock kit cos it suited my needs at the time, its only road use not any track

·
Premium Member
Charger 392
440 Posts
Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for this , we have just found the manual big search at home !! i`ve also down loaded the link
How`s your set up running ?? I`m a bit nervous now cos its been a long time sure we will get there!
secondly was the Edelbrock tune ok on start up ?

·
Premium Member
Charger 392
440 Posts
I never used the SCT handheld. I had a Diablo and went with a custom tune. The tune from Eldebrock is usually rich and safe. I put the system on in 2015 with a smaller pulley (8 lbs boost). A year later, forged the engine and upped the boost to around 10.5-11.00 depending on temperature. Trouble free for 5 years now. Nothing has broke or required attention.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When i made the purchase they did send the Diabloin the kit to start with but it had to binned big fault on it , Diablo sent another tuner out that also was faulty I contacted Edelbrock they sent out the SCT X4 tuner so from that the custom tune from Edelbrock is logged into the tuner ready to download to the ECU, I have already done the Forged Pistons and connecting rods its done about 700 miles now on the upgrade internals, glad i done this !

·
Premium Member
Charger 392
440 Posts
Eldebrock has gone to the SCT tuner only now. You will be OK with the rich tune but there is a lot left on the table. I would try to get a custom tune for it if available in the UK. Next best would be to find a dyno shop and email tune from Sean at Hemifever tuning. (BTW, You could run the 2 3/4 inch pulley with forged bottom.)
If you have a tune on the car that is NOT SCT, remember to return the car to stock before loading up the SCT. (In case you installed a different cam along with the forged pistons and rods that required a tune other than factory)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes you are quite right there are place`s in the UK with Dyno shop`s, my idea is to put it together put the standard tune in, and as you say I will get the proper custom tune from your suggested tuner ( email tune)
you been very helpful great
Standard OEM Cam used

1 - 11 of 11 Posts