Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I posted the following on the "Charger" Forum (as it relates to my Charger) looking for suggestions, to no avail as of yet, so I figured maybe someone on this forum has some ideas:

I try to take care good of my cars, try to keep them clean iside and out. Unfortunately, my wife and two teenage sons treat the inside of a car like a baby treats a diaper. Not just with dirty shoes and trying to leave garbage in the car, but getting in and out, dragging feet across the interior plastic door sill mouldings, lower rear inside door panels, kick panels, etc., thus leaving scuffs and light scratches on the afforementioned areas.
I've tried several different types of interior cleaner/conditioners, plastic polishes, and so on, but nothing seems to diminish these unsightly marks. Does anyone know of a product or technique that can remove or hide these scuffs/scratches in the plastic???
Thanks in advance for any advice/replies....
P.S. I know the most popular response wiil be keep them out of the Charger, I've already tried that but it's not an option right now... (they're not allowed in my Challenger though)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Turtle wax Ice total interior care (cream liquid) seems to work pretty good. It may not remove all marks 100% but it sure tones them down. I have had good luck with this stuff on my Challenger and my wife's Jeep.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turtle wax Ice total interior care (cream liquid) seems to work pretty good. It may not remove all marks 100% but it sure tones them down. I have had good luck with this stuff on my Challenger and my wife's Jeep.
Thanks, I'll certainly give it a try...

·
Registered
956 Posts
I had some marks from my watch and a couple from god knows what on the passenger dash. I tried a few different products, but Aerospace 303 is what finally did the trick on them. Since I know where they were I can still barely see the worst of them, but nobody else would notice. I also had some tiny white dots showing through that I'm guessing came from the previous owner using a silicone based protectant breaking down the plastic. Aerospace 303 solved that entirely. I'm a converted believer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts