Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lites installed easy in bumper, but the mopar directions for the wire hookup was hard to understand with only pictures to go by...Thanks in advance for any help with this.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
don't worry about the supplied wire harness, you don't need it. the challengers are pre-wired from the factory. just plug the connector that is right there by the fog lamp housing, swap out the headlamp switch and take it to the dealer to enable them.

as you can see, the factory connector is just laying there next to the fog lamp

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help...

I was wondering why replace the harness when it was already there...Thanks again for the pictures and info!!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Don't those MOPAR pictures suck? They need to do something about that. Print instructions in English if nothing else.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Could you post the Mopar OEM part numbers for the fog lights, dash switch, bulbs, etc. that you may have found? Would really appreciate it. Thanks very much.

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
I know the bulbs are 9145. I just replaced mine with some brighter ones.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could you post the Mopar OEM part numbers for the fog lights, dash switch, bulbs, etc. that you may have found? Would really appreciate it. Thanks very much.
I bought the kit online from South Oak Chrysler(708)747-7950...Part# on box= 82211446...Total price was $103. to my door.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
L.A. Dodger, thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate the info a bunch. I'll contact South Oad and thanks for including the part number. I really appreciate it.

2010SE (Eric)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Fog lamps

Hay la does that part number in clude the new switch?
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry that question was for ss dodge

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hay la does that part number in clude the new switch?
Thanks for your help
Yes the new switch is included...also mounting screws and blubs.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just bought my lights From Tuttle-Click for 60 something. It came next day. I don't have the time or tools to install myself.. So I am taking them to the dealership they are going to install foglights+ spoiler for $100

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Just bought my lights From Tuttle-Click for 60 something. It came next day. I don't have the time or tools to install myself.. So I am taking them to the dealership they are going to install foglights+ spoiler for $100
Are you happy with how it worked out. I think I might get them there and have them install it too.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Are you happy with how it worked out. I think I might get them there and have them install it too.
They have the best price for the fog light kit ... How much are they charging you to install and activate?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
They have the best price for the fog light kit ... How much are they charging you to install and activate?
I haven't done it yet, been a busy weekend. But yes I DEF agree best price on those fogs for sure. I also want to have them turn on the daytime lights too. Did they take long? I know they had to install your spoiler too right?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I haven't done it yet, been a busy weekend. But yes I DEF agree best price on those fogs for sure. I also want to have them turn on the daytime lights too. Did they take long? I know they had to install your spoiler too right?
They take a long time on weekends (most people try to get everything done on the weekends)

Best advice I can give.. Call ahead, ask for a price for what you want done.. And see if u can schedule a day and time to go in.

There are other options in the area.. But I like places with cheap prices.. lol

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I called Tuttle click dodge and they quoted me $325.00 to install the lamps!! That's not including the cost of the lamps which are a deal at $69.00 but the install...psssshhh crazy. I don't think so. :notallthere:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Guys Guys....when I had my 09 SE I bought the kit and installed it in 30 minutes. Then drove it to the dealer and had them turn them on for $40. Do it yourself its really simple.

- Open the box, take out the fog lights and switch only
- unscrew the bottom scratch plate on the car. Remove the faschia only if you cant reach the fog light cap. The caps are hard to remove but i suggest clipping the clips holding it in place.
- THe wiring harness is literally taped to the bumper on the inside next to the fog light port on each side. screw down the foglight attach the harness then reattach the plate.
- take either a flat putty knife or butter knife..LOL then pop out the switch in the car. connect the new one, pop it in then drive to your dealer and tell them you installed fog lights and need to have them turned on.

Simple

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I think that's what I'm going to do. Three hundred, yea riiight.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I think that's what I'm going to do. Three hundred, yea riiight.
Once you get started and see how easy it is....you'll be embarrassed you even thought of paying $100 bucks to have someone install...its like changing oil.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts