Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SE Ramblings and Comparisons....

For those keeping track, I drove the truck most of last week due to the Challenger being in the shop for the converter. I was going to share some thoughts and comparisons (apples to oranges...). :notallthere:

Anyway, the Challenger V6 is faster than the Hemi truck, going by my little "spot" on the way home I use testing (pullout with hist. marker to the first driveway). Truck makes about 71 mph and the Challenger does about 77 mph.

Driving feel....compared the Challenger the 4wd truck feels like I am drive a "bar stool". The high center of gravity just feels weird in city traffic.

Also, the Hemi has alot of low end grunt taking off, but really fizzles out above 3,500 rpms. I even have a K&N, Predator and dual exhaust on the truck.

Gotta go. I will add some more later.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
205 Posts
well.
our challenger is pretty quick compared to my '07 Wrangler. (which actually sux in the performance area)

however, i did have a chance to drive my brother in law's truck. i might be wrong on the year... its either an '03 or '05 2wd. shorbed regular cab 5.7... i put the K&N FIPK on it. that truck is fast. rapido. honestly, it would have smoked my challenger.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
apples to oranges is right...
I compared my V6 challenger to my V8 ford F250 conversion van and my challenger is faster...
Doesn't mean a thing though for comparing purposes

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I know.:)

The only reason I will even compare them is because I own and drive both. This was meant more for ramblings and not intended to be "serious".

BTW, I am sure happy to be back in the Challenger this week! I missed her bad last week.:( The new converter is a ton of fun!:smokin:

I have to drive the truck to work on Friday. Only good thing is I am taking my trailer and coming home with a 4 post lift.:bigthumb:

I compared my V6 challenger to my V8 ford F250 conversion van and my challenger is faster...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW, IDMTfirefighter, if it makes you feel any better, I have already passed the point of "no return" with the SE. No trading, only mods from now on...:thumbsup: My intent is to have a very formidable SE.

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Congrats on the converter. Mind me asking the price? Can't wait till you get some runs in with the Vortech.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
BTW, IDMTfirefighter, if it makes you feel any better, I have already passed the point of "no return" with the SE. No trading, only mods from now on...:thumbsup: My intent is to have a very formidable SE.
there you go and feel free to ramble on :bigthumb:. our SE's are fine cars. And I didn't feel bad or anything just trying to make sense of the post is all. Make your SE just the way you want it...that's what we all should do. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stu's total for the converter with tax was around $530.

The install cost me a little over $800, but that is because of other issues with the installer.:icon_evil:

The cost for the install should be no more than the converter, somewhere around $500.

I like the mod because the car feels stock except when you push it. The only noticeable downside is extra slippage on steep uphill stops and one stretch of road I drive occasionally that has hills and speed bumps (10 in a 1/2 mile stretch).

I think the converter will really show its true value when the blower is installed later.:thumbsup:

Congrats on the converter. Mind me asking the price? Can't wait till you get some runs in with the Vortech.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I think the converter will really show its true value when the blower is installed later.:thumbsup:
I can say, without any uncertainty, that the Vortech with the pulley you will be using will be building boost rapidly at 3500 rpm and you have all the way to 6500 rpm to go. My 42RE was really limiting in that end, but the 3.90/1 helped a lot. You will feel the car really start to pull around 30-35 mph and it doesn't stop. You are in for a really fun driving experience. The high stall converter with the centri will get you moving off the line a lot faster.
Fun time this summer! (I can't wait after 20 inches of snow! Well in this case nothing runs like a Deere.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts