Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of you who still have the same boring fuel door (like myself) having problems with those little rubber pieces that help keep the fuel door off the car? I was down to one a few months ago but after I had it washed last week the second one fell off?

I want to purchase an all black fuel door from drake but it's not currently in my budget. :(

Would the dealer have these?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I feel better now! Misery loves company haha. Yea it's a stupid design. I lost one the very first month what the hell?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Ok I feel better now! Misery loves company haha. Yea it's a stupid design. I lost one the very first month what the hell?

LOL! I think I lost mine in about a month tops. Now I handle the fuel door like its made of glass.

I bet the dealer has em for probably something silly like $6.

I bet one could come up with something better. They are even a pain in the arse to get back in those holes. I almost scrapped the crap out of the area around the hole.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i found them both sitting in inside loose one day, i just superglued them down so far so good
That happened to me with the leftover one I had. I found it loose inside. I was good up until last week. Argghh... so now I have to keep a piece of plastic handy so I can open the door. :disgust:

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts
I replaced mine with a chrome one. Got it for 125 shipped from a forum member.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
By any chance do u still have that boring fuel door, and is it black, if so ill trade you my chrome one brand new?

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
By any chance do u still have that boring fuel door, and is it black, if so ill trade you my chrome one brand new?

I still have mine from my 09 SE. if you want to make a purchase.....

and yes the color of it is brilliant black.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts