Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally made a decision on a car, First was I liked the GT, not sure about the AWD deal, then says, save a few bucks and go SXT, then I get into a R/T with a shaker hood..............I likes that one. LOL, it was a easy decision not to get the R/T, I showed that to my wife, and get your not getting that thing.

Drove it back home from Milwaukee, 90 miles of pure pleasure. LOL......

Gotta get some of those fender stripes, that's about it for now, its my dd. I'm gonna miss the the 2010 se, but that was getting up there in miles, can"t complain, owned it for 5 yrs and never any trouble. But that thing didn"t have anything, this puppy seems loaded with stuff, hopefully its not breaking down often. LOL

Now this is my 2nd 6 banger challenger, I know a lot of you will say, you should have gotten the R/T, but I get along fine with my other summer car.

Rich

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
Enjoy the new GT - there's lots of featues that your '10 SE wouldn't have.

Now I understand your signature - the '66 GTO...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Congrats. I love mine! At 6500 miles and I love driving it every day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Congrats...........I think. There will be other shakers. I think your idea for the side stripes will look good. White is a great color!!!! I love the toys too. How does it run compared to your old one, ride and performance??? Or too soon?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats...........I think. There will be other shakers. I think your idea for the side stripes will look good. White is a great color!!!! I love the toys too. How does it run compared to your old one, ride and performance??? Or too soon?
Good question.........the ride seems to be about the same, maybe a little stiffer, hard to tell because I was so paranoid driving home thinking I'm gonna have some issue here...........spent half the time trying to set the sirus radio to the presets.

Speedwise seems a little quicker, but really didn"t mess around with anything, it had 4 miles when I picked it up, and I drove home 90 some, so I just drove normal.

Tomorrow im gonna adjust the steering wheel some, and fool around with the power seat, same issue I had in my 2010, seems to take forever to get the seat just right.

Bought a extra pair of mud flaps years ago for my 2010, hopefully they fit. LOL, just realized I never opened up the hood yet, I"ll get that tomorrow. LOL

Missing old red, but im glad I got this one.

One thing that seems odd, it seems like the hood is bigger/wider...........but they told me it isn't.

So I think once I get those stripes on the fenders, I think it will look less white.

I know these GT are new, so not much info on them on the forum...........but it is a very nice car.

Rich

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
One thing that seems odd, it seems like the hood is bigger/wider...........but they told me it isn't.

Rich
The scoops were pulled further forward on the hood, so the raised portion is longer front to back. Its more proportioned to how the 70s E-body performance hoods are.
Otherwise, you could bolt the '17 GT's hood onto your former '10 SE and it fits.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I am staring down your car......... did you consider an R/T side stripe that said GT instead of R/T? This the time to think.
I really like the tail band on white but don't know if you would want that. I would. (obviously) Maybe not a GT thing, not sure. Or if I would care. Whatever you do will look good. How can ya go wrong? Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am staring down your car......... did you consider an R/T side stripe that said GT instead of R/T? This the time to think.
I really like the tail band on white but don't know if you would want that. I would. (obviously) Maybe not a GT thing, not sure. Or if I would care. Whatever you do will look good. How can ya go wrong? Please keep us updated.
Hey SC............haven"t gotten that far ahead yet...........never ever looked into any stripes, since my 2010 had them already......

I had an extra pair of mud flaps from my 2010, thought those would maybe fit.........didn't look like they would fit, holes seem off some.

Hoping to see some cars with different stuff on them............that way I can steal the ideas, otherwise I'm lost at looking how it may look. LOL

Rich

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The scoops were pulled further forward on the hood, so the raised portion is longer front to back. Its more proportioned to how the 70s E-body performance hoods are.
Otherwise, you could bolt the '17 GT's hood onto your former '10 SE and it fits.
Ahhhhhhhhh, thanks Hal, took me some time to figure that one out, is this something on all the 2017"s, just never noticed it.

Rich

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhh, thanks Hal, took me some time to figure that one out, is this something on all the 2017"s, just never noticed it.

Rich
Its part of the restyling when the '15s came out.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Here are some more pics.
Really looks great! Like the tires. Thinking about that. Are those the one letter at a time ones or the whole word at a time?
I think they call them permanent and something?????? Regardless, I like that.

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
Congratulations on the new car!

The 3.6 is a big upgrade from the 3.5 when you just consider the A8 transmission, and 55 extra HP. Just push in that "sport" button on the front of the console and have some fun. :wink3:

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
They are one entire word at a time, from a place called TireStickers.com

Thanks, had them long? Do they seem like they will stay? Sorry for the questions, but I am ready to pull the trigger.
Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here are some more pics.
Hey Pavdog, those stripes don't look even half as good as mine.:laugh2:

Trying to see how these would look on my car, used some black paper, then a little red............Not looking too good. LOL

Saw a older charger today with just the two small red ones, tried that, not sure about red. I see Pavdog"s has the small black.

As Silver Scat said, nows the time to do this.............I hate looking at pics, seem I do better when I see the car in person, gonna hit a few shows on the weekends, always a few challengers at them.

Thought I toss a couple pics for your viewing amusement.

Rich

Attachments

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Enjoy your new Challenger...that white looks like a blank canvas for some cool striping

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Hey Pavdog, those stripes don't look even half as good as mine.:laugh2:

Trying to see how these would look on my car, used some black paper, then a little red............Not looking too good. LOL

Saw a older charger today with just the two small red ones, tried that, not sure about red. I see Pavdog"s has the small black.

As Silver Scat said, nows the time to do this.............I hate looking at pics, seem I do better when I see the car in person, gonna hit a few shows on the weekends, always a few challengers at them.

Thought I toss a couple pics for your viewing amusement.

Rich
Wow, you are a go getter! My $.02, forget the red, black looks good on white..........well really you can't go wrong.
Tail bands don't look good in red (I DIDN'T SAY THAT)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts