Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I know, this is yet another SE upgrade to R/T question, but I have to ask it.

Yesterday I received a letter in the mail from my local dodge company. The letter states that this Saturday they are offering 20,300 for my Challenger SE. They claim to be doing this because, "when trade values are readjusted for 2011, you could lose as much as 15% off from this pending offer." Now, of course I would want to upgrade to either an 2010 or 2011 R/T (I love my SE to death, just kinda curious about the bigger baby's, you only live once right?!) and there is a side note saying to make sure to check out 0% APR financing on all remaining 2010 models, but I do not know if this would include Challengers considering their high demand.

The kicker is that I got my Challenger in January of last year, used, for 19,500 and it's completely paid off. Up front cash. it No monthly payments, nothing. Also, I have put roughly about 2,500 into the car which makes my investment into my 2009 SE around 22,000. The car also has 46,000 miles on it. The previous owner really USED the car, but it's in great condition.

So, my question to you guys is... Is it worth it, or not? I'm also a college student with 3-5 years left but University pays me to go to school due to scholarships, so that's not an issue either. It's a toss up in my book, I love my car to death, but the grass always seems a little greener on the other side :)

Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Pricey

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
just do it. life is too short, you don't want to look back and say i should have. good luck.

·
Registered
205 Posts
i've got similar views...

we love our SE. there would have to be a pretty significant incentive to trade it for a R/T, though. if i was only taking a minor hit on the trade and it was pretty close to what i'm paying now.... i might be tempted.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
"is it worth it?" questions can only be answered by you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quick! Hide this thread from Challenger370 before it turns into another SE bashing thread! :disgust:
Haha, that's definitely not what I want to happen! I'm just needing some outside opinion! I think I will make a trip to check out the deal this weekend, but if its not what's advertised I'm going to try to walk... or crawl.. away!

We'll just see, in the meantime thanks for the suggestions and opinons! Keep 'em coming though, I still have 2 days to decide :thumbsup:

Pricey

·
Registered
17 Posts
Go for it

I'd do it if the payments were within $15-20 of my SE payments and as long as I don't get killed on my trade in.

I can't see why you would not to want to unless you worried about the insurance hit? Can't be gas mileage or you'd have a Prius :pillepalle:

I love tinkering with my SE to make it better..( looks sharp, look mean, look fast ) but no matter what I do.. its not going to have a Hemi

Heck you got me wondering about my 2010.. what the dealership would do for me and I just got my car Hehe.

In the end.. as others had said.. is it worth it? only you can answer that

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
you might check the hidden clause on the offer. Wholesale trade in on a SE-g (which my car may list with the take off rims) and 22,000 miles mint condition is 17K. Double the miles and assuming your is a g you would be looking at 16.5k or ther abouts. If they do honor the deal, heck yea for a new ride, specially if you are already looking for more power. I've worked in and around U my whole life, if it were me I'd wait for a real job instead of rolling a new car on scholarships, which are drying up faster than shallow holes in west Texas.

Edmunds list the trade in at 16.5K
http://www.edmunds.com/dodge/challenger/2009/tmv-appraise-results.html

·
Registered
388 Posts
I agree with the others. If they do honor that and its only going to be a few dollars more a month, why not?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for the late reply, got busy with school. Good news and bad news. Bad news first: It sounded to good to be true, and it was. The hidden clause was that they decided that they would take off 30 cents per mile for any miles over 20,000. So, this brought the value of my Challenger down to around 12.5k. Needless to say, this is where the good news comes in...

I still have my SE Challenger, and have no regrets. One day I'll get the upgrade to R/T, but that time will come, and for now I'm just happy I even have a beautiful Challenger, regardless of the engine size!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments and suggestions guys!

Pricey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts