Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a few questions about these guys and would like your opinions. I have seen a lot of people basically of all Chrysler, Jeep, And Dodge people go to Sean From HemiFever for there tuning. I have seen LOTS of great reviews from people but at the same time I see a lot of bad reviews about him as well. Now I have talked to Sean on the phone about my challenger and he seem pretty nice and understanding and straight forward but I have heard he has some problems getting some tunes right from certain people. Also heard that he is very blunt and rushes people and tunes. But, We all know that a dyno is gonna be the best way to figure out how to squeeze out as much horsepower from the ecm as possible and it seems Sean uses data logging with you driving and your mods to figure the best tune for you. Makes sense right? So then we have Jay Greene. I have heard great reviews about him but they are few and far in between. The only negative I have kinda found is that people don't really 'feel' a power increase with his tuning. I haven't talked to Jay cause I don't have his phone number and I can't find it and can't view his facebook because I don't have facebook. Does anyone have his phone number so I can talk to him? So in the end which would you guys select? If you have had tuning from both guys please tell me your experience. I want to hear if you have had a good or bad experience with either one of them.

Thanks guys.

PLEASE MOVE TO TUNING SECTION.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have had good experience with Sean, and having come from the performance parts industry myself (just not mopar) usually dyno tuning is more for peak power number as most dyno runs are just WOT pulls, vs road tuning and data logging that tend to get lots of driving styles/ranges. I know when I datalog for tunes I do a combo of situations including WOT, both high and low speed and a bunch in between. Even when I have done dyno tuning, most dyno and dyno shops are not setup for part throttle, or non WOT high load conditions.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very true. But when I do need the power you know, when either I just want to go nuts on a back road or if some a-hole a stop light needs to be put in his place I want to know that every ounce of power is being pushed out of that ecm with 93 octane. With the nice add-on (and I did not know this) the complete removal or torque management on my 6 speed. I thought only automatics had that. But after further research I found out they have some.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'd like to throw my .02 in for Jay Greene..... I can honestly say he is great to work with. Before we begin, my only complaint is, the only way I could contact him was via facebook..... To me this was a PITA. Other than that, everything went very smoothly. I established contact with Jay about a month prior to me actually needing his services..... I did a Comp 270 cam install in my VVT 5.7, and thought I would be able to tune it using my Diablo Intune 1K. Well as most of you know this was incorrect..... So last minute on a Friday morning, I Facebook messaged Jay (from wifes account), and he called me within an hr..... He got all of my mod information, and wrote me a tune while we bs'd about the modern hemi..... I can't speak for Hemi Tuner, but what I can say about Jay is this, he wrote me 3 tunes for a very fair price. His price was so fair, that I gave him extra for the inconvenience and short time I gave him to get my car running. With Jay, I got a NA tune for street driving, a NA tune for track use, and a 100 shot tune as well. He only needed to do one revision and didn't charge me for that. I'm very satisfied with Jay's customer service and expediency. He is a hell of a guy to work with...... I have HPT now, which I was able to load his custom tunes into the software as a baseline, and work from them. If I ever end up needing another tune, I'll use Jay Green every time...... Again I can only speak for my experience. Just as a matter of reference I choose Jay over the others because he got back to me quickly and worked with me under a stressful time, and other members who have gone fast with 5.7's recommended him. On motor my car went from doing 104 in the 1/4 to 110 easily.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I'll also recommend Jay Greene, I have one of his cams and tune. The car runs great and makes good power for a 5.7. He's also very easy to work with. What impressed me the most is all the tune revisions he made to dial it in just right. He said he's a perfectionist and works hard to make his customer happy.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
I have to put a good word in for Sean @hemifever. He was also easy to work with and my car runs very well as far as I can tell. It's the only one I have. I know it drives me crazy to have to run the stock tune when taking it to the dealer. Sean was very responsive. He seems to be a guy of few words which could come across as blunt, but I would recommend him any time. I'm very happy with his work.

·
Registered
9,233 Posts
I have nothing but good to say about Sean. Great to work with, and a very satisfying end result with his tune.

I have no problem with blunt, as I'm blunt myself in many ways. That said, he didn't come across as blunt to me, just factual.

As far as Jay is concerned, I've never dealt with him, and probably won't in the future, if he's only on facebook.

I've had family members that I love beg me to join facebook. Not a facebook fan for numerous reasons, and certainly won't join just for a business transaction.

Just me

·
Registered
765 Posts
My car is a 6spd with a Jay Green tune. I run 12.8x’s on motor and deep 11’s on Spray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Yes, my car is a 6 speed with a Jay Greene tune

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
I'm going to throw a vote in for Josh at High Horse Performance. He nailed my tune with the 274 phaser cam.

I have worked with one of the other 2 and didn't have the best experience.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Anyone ever have decent results on a 6 speed?

Mine's a 6sp. Not sure why there would be a difference. I guess you mean that an auto can be tuned for quicker shifts and different shift points. You're just going to get better power that you're going to have to manually put to the ground with a 6sp. I love my 6sp and wouldn't have an automatic no matter how fast they shift.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have to agree with you Pauly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
I can say Jay Greene will always be my tuner, I purchased a cam kit form jay installed it and worked with jay for the tune, GTHis man is a perfectionist and you will feel a difference, he is meticulous, and will not stop until the data he sees in the logs is exactly what is expected, and to get to that stage of the tune we went through numerous revisions and yes you can definately feel the difference!!

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
I can say Jay Greene will always be my tuner, I purchased a cam kit form jay installed it and worked with jay for the tune, GTHis man is a perfectionist and you will feel a difference, he is meticulous, and will not stop until the data he sees in the logs is exactly what is expected, and to get to that stage of the tune we went through numerous revisions and yes you can definately feel the difference!!
x2! Car runs great, very responsive, and gives you real world info on various mods.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Challenger SRT 392
113 Posts
I have both custom tunes from jay Greene and hemifever. Jay green custom tune for my bolt on my ‘14’392 A5 is as smooth gear shifting pulls hard though out all shifts and mean!!!
Hemifever custom tune is a beast on
WOT.if I had to choose and still looking for different(email) tuners out there I would go with “hemifever” for the win!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts