Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 R/T with a RES radio. I just purchased a used RHB unit and a OEM GPS antenna in an attempt to upgrade to nav system. The first problem I ran into was where to mount the GPS antenna. I have read that it is mounted somewhere under the dash but, have no idea of the exact location or anywhere else it will work that is out of sight.. The second problem I ran into is that if I connect the new GPS antenna to the new system I have no option of reconnecting the satellite radio antenna. Has anyone had a similar situation that may have been solved? Would appreciate any help or advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have a 2014 R/T with a RES radio. I just purchased a used RHB unit and a OEM GPS antenna in an attempt to upgrade to nav system. The first problem I ran into was where to mount the GPS antenna. I have read that it is mounted somewhere under the dash but, have no idea of the exact location or anywhere else it will work that is out of sight.. The second problem I ran into is that if I connect the new GPS antenna to the new system I have no option of reconnecting the satellite radio antenna. Has anyone had a similar situation that may have been solved? Would appreciate any help or advice.
I installed my GPS antenna in the passenger side windshield pillar under the trim peice. Lots of room for it there.

Did your aftermarket head come with sat radio? If so, there would be a separate plug for that. Your sat radio antenna is the black box on the rear of your roof.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that information. The A pillar seams to be a very good place to place the antenna but, I am not sure at this time if the wire is long enough to reach it. I will check that out. Both the radios have Sirius but, only the new one has the built in navigation. Seller posted photos of the nav / Sirius radio all show only one rear port for the same style antenna.

DSCF0041.jpg

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thanks for that information. The A pillar seams to be a very good place to place the antenna but, I am not sure at this time if the wire is long enough to reach it. I will check that out. Both the radios have Sirius but, only the new one has the built in navigation. Seller posted photos of the nav / Sirius radio all show only one rear port for the same style antenna.

View attachment 903737
Hmm... Mine has two separate connections. The wire for my GPS was plenty long enough. Most people put it in the dash. Be sure to attach it to something metal, like the inner dash, as it uses it and an amplifier. That's why I chose the pillar. Works great. Most GPS antenna have a magnet built into them for that purpose.

Let me know what you find

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Answer found

Spent hours searching the internet Sunday night for an answer. Just when I was about to give up I happen to come across a unit upgrade video on YouTube. I thought I had viewed all of them but, this one just appeared out from nowhere. The installer just removed the RES unit, and pluged in the RHB unit. He indicated that he was reinstalling the Sirius roof antenna . From all that I had read that antenna was just for Sirius radio service. I went out to the car and did just that. Both the Sirius radio and the navigation system are up and running. Listed the GPS antenna I had been told I would need for sale on Ebay.Thank you for your response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts