Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks!
I need some help. I have a '10 SRT8 and I just went to Cipher Auto aftermarket seat for auto-X and track. I ram smack-dab into the dreaded eternal-infernal seat belt chime. I know someone out there has to have found a way to bypass the chime.
I found one out-of-focus picture on the internet about jumping 2 of the wires on the connector for the seat modules. While the connector was slightly different than mine, I did find that my connector had 2 similarly color-coded wires. (The picture here is a much clearer picture of my connector showing what I THINK are the two wires in question). Can anyone confirm this hack or at least tell me if the car will self-destruct if I connect them?
harness.jpg

I saved some 50 or 60 pounds going to aftermarket seats and don't want to be forced to go back to the stock ones (which would mean instead I have to go on a DIET!)
Any help, conjectures, postulations or even witty jabs would probably help. Anyway, give the picture a look and throw some insight my way. PLEASE!
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,653 Posts
Don't know if this will work for you with aftermarket seats but the following is the procedure I followed to turn the seat belt chime off, worked on both my 2010 R/T and 2014 SRT. Dodge I believe had this listed in my 2010 owners manual.

Additionally I believe your Dodge dealership should be able to inactivate it if you request it.

Also as a side note, please don't turn this thread into a discussion about wearing seat belts, I always wear my seat belt and only inactivated the chime for a few specific reasons. Much like the OP has a specific reason, others may as well and they don't necessarily have anything to do with not wearing their seat belt on the public road. I'm stating this because the last time I tried to help someone with this issue I got a few pages of people concerned about the info. and people not wearing their belt. So I figured I'd state it up front, everyone please wear your seat belt. Ok sorry for that, Tacrage let us know if this works for you.

Disable Seat Belt Reminder Chime:

Quick Procedure;

Step 1. With the ignition switch in any position except On or Start, buckle the driver side front seat belt.

Step 2. Turn ignition switch to ON position and wait for the seat belt indicator reminder function to conclude (about 6 sec’s).

Step 3. Unbuckle and buckle the driver side front seat belt three or more times, ending with the belt buckled.

Step 4. Turn the ignition switch to any position except On or Start to toggle the belt-minder feature from its current setting
(from active to inactive, or from inactive to active).

A single chime tone will provide an audible confirmation that the programming sequence has been successfully completed.
(This does NOT disable the INITIAL chime, only the nagging repeats every few seconds).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know if this will work for you with aftermarket seats but the following is the procedure I followed to turn the seat belt chime off, worked on both my 2010 R/T and 2014 SRT. Dodge I believe had this listed in my 2010 owners manual.

Additionally I believe your Dodge dealership should be able to inactivate it if you request it.

Also as a side note, please don't turn this thread into a discussion about wearing seat belts, I always wear my seat belt and only inactivated the chime for a few specific reasons. Much like the OP has a specific reason, others may as well and they don't necessarily have anything to do with not wearing their seat belt on the public road. I'm stating this because the last time I tried to help someone with this issue I got a few pages of people concerned about the info. and people not wearing their belt. So I figured I'd state it up front, everyone please wear your seat belt. Ok sorry for that, Tacrage let us know if this works for you.

Disable Seat Belt Reminder Chime:

Quick Procedure;

Step 1. With the ignition switch in any position except On or Start, buckle the driver side front seat belt.

Step 2. Turn ignition switch to ON position and wait for the seat belt indicator reminder function to conclude (about 6 sec’s).

Step 3. Unbuckle and buckle the driver side front seat belt three or more times, ending with the belt buckled.

Step 4. Turn the ignition switch to any position except On or Start to toggle the belt-minder feature from its current setting
(from active to inactive, or from inactive to active).

A single chime tone will provide an audible confirmation that the programming sequence has been successfully completed.
(This does NOT disable the INITIAL chime, only the nagging repeats every few seconds).
I agree completely, as a former law enforcement officer AND a person who writes classes for traffic safety, I know better than most what a person risks by not using safety belts ALL the time.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Is there any chance that procedure would work for passenger side? I ask because my 2019 1320 is a strip car only. Thanks!

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,653 Posts
Is there any chance that procedure would work for passenger side? I ask because my 2019 1320 is a strip car only. Thanks!
If you pull the passenger seat to race there shouldn't be any chime, although the warning light will be on. During racing season my car often becomes a one seater for long periods of time, the warning light will be on for the passenger seat but there is no chime.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Doh...my mistake...busy day...yes, you are correct. The chime isnt activated with seat removed but the light stays on...I was confusing the 2...has any one come up with a way to turn the warning light off from seat being removed? Embarrased...Thanks!

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Doh...my mistake...busy day...yes, you are correct. The chime isnt activated with seat removed but the light stays on...I was confusing the 2...has any one come up with a way to turn the warning light off from seat being removed? Embarrased...Thanks!
If someone with a Demon or 1320 that ordered it with only 1 seat could get a reading of the BCM with Alfa OBD, you could figure out what setting to change.

@ChallyTatum

·
Registered
113 Posts
Would that show up...if the seat was never installed? Would they leave the connection out of the wiring? Imma dummy when it comes to the wiring, and electrical, thats why im asking. Thanks Frank!

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Would that show up...if the seat was never installed? Would they leave the connection out of the wiring? Imma dummy when it comes to the wiring, and electrical, thats why im asking. Thanks Frank!
I don't know but, it seems every option is somewhere in the BCM to turn it on or off. That is why I paged @ChallyTatum he is the genius about stuff like this.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,376 Posts
There is an option for seat belt reminder in alfa under BCM / Car config. But I think there was a way to turn it off using some key on, key off sequence. I think I saw it in the FSM somewhere...have to look for it.

Ah here it is.

Gess it is similar to post #2.

Don't see a way to disable the light except by wiring the belt sensor to think the belt is buckled all the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts